Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

My carpet has been discontinued help me choose another one!

Page 4 of 4
[You say to use a good quality upright vacuum cleaner. We are getting a ducted vacuum, what is your opinion on these, do you think they do as good a job?

Hey Donuts, a ducted system is fine. They are good in that they remove the dirty air from within the building rather than re-circulate it.

Make sure you get the agitator attachment with it. If you cannot get one through the supplier then you can pick them up from Godfrey's I think.

The agitator is a spinning brush and beater bar combination (sometimes brush only). It is there to vibrate the carpet to disturb the soils. The vacuum then only needs to transport the soil to the container. Without the agitator head, you have to provide the agitation by pushing the cleaner head over the carpet 6 times to be as effective as one pass with an agitator head machine.

From an OH&S point of view, an upright vacuum (or agitator head) will cause far less back stress than a pull along vac that you have to push back and forward lots to get it to really work.

Work smarter not harder
thanks for that Col. I will check my vacuum head for an agitator and/or brush when I move in.
Related
27/04/2024
Laminex Essastone Discontinued - What are some good alternat

General Discussion

Caesarstone, quantum zero, Q Stone zero, porcelain. All the manufacturers are pivoting into zero silica materials. Google any of those and have a look. Some are still…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum