Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Hybrid flooring warping

Page 2 of 2
caru
I m now really interested to hear more from AJC, perspective of a business owner.

To some extent i do agree that problem with flooring more often than not is due to installation issue. This is quite common recently for reasons that we dont need to discuss.

Though the key here is as a business owner if you sell the product and also do the installation for the customer and one year later the product fails, what do you think is fair or at least need to happen?

Fixing come at a cost, financially and mentally.

Doesn't really matter what the business owner thinks is fair.

Australian Consumer Law has always been clear, the customer's contract is with the seller of the product, not the manufacturer.

It's the businesses responsiblity to fix a faulty floor whether its an installation defect or manufacturing defect.

You can't fob off a customer and make them deal with a manufacturer.
Good day

I sit with a floor that is doing the same thing and seems like it is getting worse.
What was the outcome of your floor?

Thanks
anina.20
Good day

I sit with a floor that is doing the same thing and seems like it is getting worse.

Thanks

Carpet Court replaced it with a different Hybrid plank (Armstrong Empower) and it has been absolutely perfect ever since.
jimmytheboarhunter
anina.20
Good day

Thanks

Carpet Court replaced it with a different Hybrid plank (Armstrong Empower) and it has been absolutely perfect ever since.

Thank you. Did you end up using the same installers?
anina.20
jimmytheboarhunter
anina.20
Good day

Thanks

Yes. It wasn't assessed as an installation issue the first time and the only thing that's changed is the product I used.
What type of boards have you got? Are they an SPC core?
jimmytheboarhunter
anina.20
jimmytheboarhunter

Yes. It wasn't assessed as an installation issue the first time and the only thing that's changed is the product I used.
What type of boards have you got? Are they an SPC core?

I actually have no idea. It is from Rhino Flooring natural hybrid Burbank range. Describe as True core technology with 5G click. The sales agent is visiting me tomorrow to assess. Honestly not looking forward to the stress and emotions nevermind redo and mess involved.
Related
17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

10/09/2023
Hollow sounding new Hybrid flooring.

Renovation + Home Improvement

ShaneG We have been doing heaps of hybrid floors lately. The hollowness is caused by low spots in the slab or subfloor. No slab or particleboard floor is going to be…

16/12/2023
Hybrid Flooring

General Discussion

Hi all, we would like to install hybrid flooring but concerned after reading some negative comments. We have been looking at the Terramater Resiplank Corsica 8.5 in…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum