Join Login
Building ForumWindow Furnishings

Roller blinds for 3.5m stacker doors

Page 1 of 1
Hey all

We are in the very early process of reconstructing our home. One of the thing we are doing this time is to have a grand alfresco and we are able to get larger set of stacker doors.

When we built the first time, we used sliding blinds that stacked. We didn't like the practical experience of this blind type so wanted to start exploring options for vertical blind types or other blind types that match up well with large opening stacker doors.

We were thinking of getting 3 (or 4) roller blinds but not sure if it will look amateurish.. want a modern look..

All suggestions welcome.
Do you really need blinds? In our current house we chose to put blinds on the alfresco for privacy and found no need for internal blinds.

That's a good point. Didn't think about that. It might look a lot better without the blinds at all. We don't have privacy issues at the back as it is an easement for about 100m till the next houses. Maybe we just forgo blinds altogether.
We have 12m of glass across the Northern side of our open plan combined dining-kitchen-lounge room, including sliding doors that provide a 6m opening. We used motorised honeycomb/cellular blinds, one for each panel, so roughly 3m each. We live on 10 hectares, so no privacy issues at all, but absolutely need the blinds to help regulate temperature.

Related
28/05/2024
Question about motorised roller blinds

Window Furnishings

Actually kind of agreed with the first comment. Felt like it is a bit too much adding both double roller blinds with sheers, but it is not uncommon to do this - it…

26/10/2023
Which glass for stacker doors

Windows & Doors

What do you need them to withstand? If it's normal wear and tear, then either will do, if you want resistance to ingress then laminated would be the favourite, but only…

11/10/2023
Stacker door thresholds

Windows & Doors

Sure looks like the type of track that I fitted to my house. My supplier said that the underside has a tray which drains to the front. They cut vertical slots in it. So as…

You are here
Building ForumWindow Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum