Join Login
Building ForumWindow Furnishings

DIY WIndow treatments - buying online?

Page 1 of 1
Just curious if anyone has done some of the online blinds stores: half price blinds is one of the ones that i have been getting samples from. I have spoken to their call centre and been told they are the online version of abc blinds, who do the in person installs of blinds (not cheap i might add) in homes.. so they aren't too shabby?

There is a heap of other "online" blinds sellers (online blinds etc) and I was curious if anyone had success in terms of the quality of the materials and fixtures, in installing window treatments bought online? I am thinking venetians, verticals or double roller blinds (sunscreena nd blockout) as these i assume are the 3 cheapest type of window treatments if i am to ever rent it out if i move out. So rather than go all out on window treatments i figured i'd go something that isn't easily damaged and used by tenants, but also usable for me while i live in it?

I think someone suggested a curtain rod being easy to drill and eyelet curtains on in now time.

I've never drilled before so it's all a learning curve, but the half price blinds website and other sources say it isn't that hard. provided you measure your heights and widths right (find the largest measurement) then your blinds will fit, and it is a few screws per brack and woilah - done?

I have done some store quotes and they range from $2k for just the slim 25mm venetians (which is pretty entry level) all the way to 50mm of the pvc/timber look alikes, and then you get to your combination with verticals or rollers and suddenly they're 3-4k something for blinds. So buying online seemed alot cheaper!

Just curious anyhow if anyone could share their experiences and if it really is that easy to learn how to drill a hole and get them in?

Given windo frames have steel lintels and underneath brickwork and the like (WA house) is it an impact driver drill one should be looking at? or a hammer drill?

Any online sites to recommend that were great quality and price wise?
Related
2/06/2024
Can I use plans purchased online....?

General Discussion

The plan (excuse the pun) ideally is to do just that and take the basic floor plans and elevations that we have bought and have a draftsman replicate them to comply prior…

9/08/2023
Kitchen Renovation: DIY vs Resurfacing vs New Kaboodle

General Discussion

Assuming the structure of your cabinetry is good then I would DIY everything as follows: - replace your counter tops entirely, - replace all drawer runners with soft close…

You are here
Building ForumWindow Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum