Join Login
Building ForumWindow Furnishings

Rollers/Venetians/Verticals - most appealing for resale?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I am in the process of prettying up our house for sale and am wanting to replace the vertical blinds in the bedrooms, kitchen and laundry. What would be the most appealing for sale out of roller, venetian and vertical blinds?

Thanks for your help
I have seen plenty of houses up for sale where it is obvious the window treatments that were there have been removed (sometimes leaving the rod/track up as evidence!)

It would really depend on your house and the market you are aiming at, that if it is worth while spending any money on window treatments. This is where you should be asking your agent for some guidance - they maybe experts on the buying/selling property market but remember unlikely to be interior stylist experts.

If there is not the expectation that the house should not be fully 'complete' then I would limit the rooms that you add treatments to - eg the bedrooms for two reasons - mainly, you want a more cozy feel in these rooms so I would add curtains from Ikea or similar. Make sure whatever you choose goes to the floor. In a distant second, the buyer can move in and get immediate privacy in the bedroom where they would want it most
Hi, I would go rollers as they are inexpensive and people can add curtains or sheers to them if they want. They also look clean lined.
Thanks for your replies, lots of food for thought
I wouldnt go with verticals...my advice would be roller blinds. They are neat and streamlined. Verticals are what you'd find in cheap rental units.
The plasticky look verticals make me think of cheap rentals but there use to be much nicer fabric-y ones too. In some situations their very functional for light and privacy. I saw them for sale on a website only last week and I'm sure that company wasn't selling them last time I looked so perhaps they're coming back? Everything does eventually.
Forget venetions. They remind me of my mum and dad's old house but I still like the look of them sometimes, I've seen some really nicely decorated rooms where they suit perfectly. Problem is the dusting. A whole house full of venetions would really give me pause, I don't care how good it looks.
Related
29/01/2024
Do floor to ceiling tiles ad much resale value

Building A New House

They make the room much easier to clean for one, reflect more light (if light colour tiles are used), and you dont end up with dust on the top edge of tiles (cause most…

24/09/2023
Most affordable paint brand

General Discussion

Thank you. That is really helpful. Once we get the place done and passed for OC we can upgrade in the future once we get back on our feet and not paying mortgage and rent.

27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

You are here
Building ForumWindow Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum