Join Login
Building ForumWindow Furnishings

Places to purchase cheap curtain fabric

Page 1 of 1
I am up to choosing curtains for my Bedroom;

I would like to make my own eyelet top curtains, this is part because I think I could save some money, and the other reason is because the window drops in my home are an unusual drop, 2400mm. The last curtains that I had there, I had made, they cost a fortune at the time and because I had spent so much on them was reluctant to change them. This time I would like to make my own, save some money and then when I tire of them be able to replace them.

I have had a look at 3 Spotlight stores, and they all have the same fabrics. I intend to go and have a look at Lincraft this week.

Does anyone know of any other outlets where I can purchase curtain fabric with blockout lining at reasonable prices in the Melbourne/Gippsland area?

Also the eyelet tape that Spotlight sell, is $7.50 per metre, which I believe is a little on the expensive side.

Surely there are other places in Melbourne that sells reasonably priced fabrics?

Any suggestions please
After finding on another forum a couple of companies that sew made to measure curtains in Melbourne, one being Sharon's curtains and blinds, who are cheaper, but I would have to arrange for them to be installed myself, as I live in the country, I have decided to go with made to measure curtains from a local supplier. He is a bit more expensive, but he comes to my home and measures and then fits them.
I just have to decide on the colour, I like a fabric the same colour as the carpet, which is a dark rich bronze brown colour, or should I to have a lighter colour fabric to contrast? My daughter inlaw says I should go with a colour that contrasts with the carpet.

Any suggestions would be most appreiated.

I am going to get the curtains, then decide on the mesh roller blind.
Related
3/12/2023
Recommendations for quick and cheap updates for the exterior

Renovation + Home Improvement

1. Roof cleaning and paint - which colour do you recommend? I often see black/ dark grey in use these days but I would prefer…

You are here
Building ForumWindow Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum