Join Login
Building ForumSoft Furnishings

Help me find a pair of bedside tables to go with this bed

Page 1 of 2

As the title suggests, I'm having trouble finding bedside tables to go with this bed. Not too sure whether to look for timber or stick with plain white.

The floor is dark brown bamboo

and the walls are light grey (tuabmans crystal gazing).

http://seaview39.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/paint.html

It's a very glam bed so what about mirror bedsides? They would look awesome and are very in right now.

Otherwise as soon as I saw that bed I though black bedside tables. Depends a lot on your general style and the bedspread you'll choose etc.
It's got that very mid century/Scandinavian feel to it... I'd look in a similar vein/style to that for your tables. Nothing too chunky or heavy.

A light timber or soft colour would compliment it best.
It was on display with mirror bedsides and chest/drawers/dresser suite. However, I'm not a fan of that look and leaning more towards the timber styles (just to try and match the legs). Have to admit I did not consider black, was too confused on the white in the catalogue.

We got some very basic white ones from Harvey Norman. Good price and not flat pack ...

But - if its your main bed you might want something a bit classier.
Maybe the Hemnes in grey-brown?
http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/produ ... #/00213756 although not too sure about that with the bamboo floor colour
I personally wouldn't try and match the wood because it's unlikely you'll get it exactly right and so sort of defeats the purpose. Also I think the legs are not a prominent feature and will blend into the floor anyway. I would go a solid colour, black, navy would look awesome with the right bedding IMO.
I agree and would definitely want a contrast to the flooring. Would still try to get the bedside matching with the rest of the pieces in the room. So the first piece will dictate the styling.

something like the hemnes but maybe in a blue ( you'd need to paint it) to match the bed.
I agree, the Hemnes shape works well though the available colours don't
I wonder why ikea did not have the height of the hemnes. The bed is slightly lower than normal.

The dimensions if you click on the product info tab :
Width: 46 cm
Depth: 35 cm
Depth of drawer: 23 cm
Height: 70 cm
If the bed is lower then it might be a bit too high
How about Anna Castelli Componibili? (they come in black, white, silver or a range of other colours). The originals can be quite exy but replicas are available at a number of places (like these ones at Fantastic Furniture http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/Pr ... ROOOPLABLK)
Added bonus: plenty of bedside storage
I saw that when I was hunting down cheaper alternatives of these

Saw them in a store but they were over $800 each

End up settling for these

and matching dresser

Tried asking Domanye if they would sell the legs to the bed so I can replace the bedside and dresser legs to match but unfortunately the supplier doesn't sell legs on its own.

Very cool, don't forget to update with a pic of how they look together!
Would take a while. Bed won't be delivered till some time in July and the bedsides are on back order.

It's finally here

Gorgeous room. And look at that beautiful pooch. Wow I love the wallpaper and that bed. Do you have bedside lamps?
Thanks. Didn't think we need the bedside lamps since there's a light switch with dimmers right next to the bed.

Related
30/05/2024
I need the forum's help to find a new designer

Building A New House

I also notice that most the builds in Australia are really simplistic when it gets to the interior design and lighting design. Most of the builds are just offering off the…

22/05/2024
backyard retaining wall and raised garden bed render

General Discussion

thanks chippy! here is the back of the wall which has not been backfilled yet. Here is the same back of the wall taken from the other end, behind the steps. As you…

You are here
Building ForumSoft Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum