Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Sandstone Ridge/Colebee Residences

Page 1 of 2
First post so I thought I'd start with the land. We have purchased land in Sandstone Ridge in Colebee but now the area that we are in has been renamed to Colebee Residences. So far, our release is estimated to register around April/May 2020. I was wondering if anyone else has bought land here and if anyone is in the earlier stages if their land is registered already and how the valuations went.
Hi! We are in Stage 1 in Sandstone Ridge. We were supposed to be registered October 2019, then December, and now it looks like it's going to be March 2020. Still waiting for our land valuation results.
sunny_day
Hi! We are in Stage 1 in Sandstone Ridge. We were supposed to be registered October 2019, then December, and now it looks like it's going to be March 2020. Still waiting for our land valuation results.

Hi! I did ask before and was told that stage 1 was sure to register by Feb 2020, but might be sales agent talk. Good luck with the valuation and hopefully it does register soon.
Hello, bought a block of land in Sandstone Ridge Stage 2. It was initially said to be registering in December 2020 and now moved to March 2021.
Hi hishaam

I am looking to buy a lot from Stage 3 off someone who already bought from developer as an investor. Quick question, did Stage 2 get registered already? By how many months did it get delayed? Do you have any idea about Stage 3 and when is that expected to register?

Thanks
stage 2 took 12 months to register. i think stage4 and 5 are still being released by sandstone ridge
Thanks hishaam for replying back quickly. So did stage 2 register in March 2021? But developer had committed to the buyers the date to be December 2020, right? So it was just 3 months late?

Any idea about Stage 3? Actually I'm trying to buy land through Waratah Estate Agents and they are giving me quite vague timelines of land registration like anywhere between July 2021 to November 2021.
it ended up registering in May 2021 for stage 2 (5month delay from Dec2020). i have no idea on stage 3, you can call up sandstone ridge directly and ask them the status.
Hi Hishaam, would you mind sharing the sundet date that was mentioned in your stage 2 contract?

Was the registration completed before the sunset date or after?

I believe for stage 3 there is indications that developer is getting greedy and may be rescinding contracts after Dec 2021(Sunset date for stage 3 contracts)

Please let me know how was your experience with them.

Thanks.

Regards,
Harash
Harash
Hi Hishaam, would you mind sharing the sundet date that was mentioned in your stage 2 contract?

Was the registration completed before the sunset date or after?

I believe for stage 3 there is indications that developer is getting greedy and may be rescinding contracts after Dec 2021(Sunset date for stage 3 contracts)

Please let me know how was your experience with them.

Thanks.

Regards,
Harash

Hello Harsh, My sunset date in the stage 2 contract was June 2021 and the developer had the right to extend it for one more year until June 2022. However it registered April/May 2021.

My experience was that it was earlier committed by the developer to register at Dec 2020 but then extended to April/May 2021, which was fine by me.

How about you call the sales guy and speak to him directly?
hishaam
it ended up registering in May 2021 for stage 2 (5month delay from Dec2020). i have no idea on stage 3, you can call up sandstone ridge directly and ask them the status.

Thanks Hishaam.

I gave them a call today and was told they are planning to do the registrations in Dec 2021 for stage 3 lots which is again approx 4-5 months later than they initially advised during the sale of these lots.

Am happy to wait as long as they do not intend to rescind the contracts.

Thanks for reply earlier.

Regards,
Harash
So, I called the Developers office, apparently they are now called LuxeLand property developers and not DHIE, they mentioned the stage 3 ay get registered by end of Feb 2022.

Sighted that the delay was due to halt in works during Covid-19 .
Hi Harash,

Any further update on this ? I have a lot in stage 3 as well but now getting worried what if they rescind the contract because it is already past sunset date.

Regards,
Adeel
Adeel
Hi Harash,

Any further update on this ? I have a lot in stage 3 as well but now getting worried what if they rescind the contract because it is already past sunset date.

Regards,
Adeel

Hi Adeel,

Just got an update today from my Solicitor that the vendors are advising of March 2022 timeframe for registrations of stage 3 lots.

Regards,
Harash
Harash
Adeel
Hi Harash,

Regards,
Adeel

Hi Adeel,

Just got an update today from my Solicitor that the vendors are advising of March 2022 timeframe for registrations of stage 3 lots.

Regards,
Harash

Thanks Harsh. I got the same email today. Do you mind if we can talk on call. Here is my number 0416604166
Hi Guys, I also have a lot in sandstone stage 3. I have not received any email yet from our solicitor regarding the land registration update. So now the registration will be March 2022? Thanks
Yes It will be in March 2022. Fingers crossed
Any update on registration ? Seriously this is now getting very frustrating. I have lodged a complaint against Blacktown council on their own forum. My case is assigned to someone there. I would suggest you all to do the same to build some pressure.
Hi Adeel,
have you got any response?
could you also please share the link where you lodged the complaint

Thanks
Rubinder
Hi Adeel,
have you got any response?
could you also please share the link where you lodged the complaint

Thanks

Nope no response. Here is the link

https://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Contac ... -complaint
Related
29/08/2023
Sandstone crazy paving quote

Landscape & Garden Design

I had 28m2 of engineered pavers laid six months back and it was difficult to find someone not taking the pi$$. Internet suggested it should be $85-100/m2 to lay them.…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum