Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Land deposit on new land.

Page 1 of 1
Hi there

Just passing by for advice I have paid a 10% deposit on a vacated land in a new estate will that money I paid for the deposit factor and help in the loan when I apply for finance??
Sure will - and if you can muster up another 10%, then the lender should combine that with your deposit as 20% and you won't need lender's mortgage insurance. But bear in mind that doesn't guarantee finance approval - it doesn't mean you can service a loan, it just means you had cash to pay the deposit. They'll still do their due diligence.

I bought land and everything I paid was counted by the lender - $1,000 holding deposit on signing contract, then the balance of 5% deposit with the developer on finance approval. The lender took that 5% into account and only needed 15% from me to make the 20%.

Exactly the same with the builder - every cent you pay the builder forms part of your contribution to the loan, so make sure you keep the receipts to be able to present these to your lender so they know when you've reached your contribution amount and they pay the rest.
Jays89
Hi there

Just passing by for advice I have paid a 10% deposit on a vacated land in a new estate will that money I paid for the deposit factor and help in the loan when I apply for finance??

Would advise that you have a chat with your bank 1st before you make any payments- some of these deposits are non- refundable. If possible put a subject to finance clause/condition!
Related
14/09/2023
New house land/slab drainage?

General Discussion

Thanks for the heads up mate, greatly appreciated 👍

31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum