Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Canopy at Amstel

Page 1 of 2
Anyone who purchased a block of land in this area? We just placed a deposit and the first few stages are expected to be titled in early 2019. Hopefully there are no delays.
Melbournevic
Anyone who purchased a block of land in this area? We just placed a deposit and the first few stages are expected to be titled in early 2019. Hopefully there are no delays.

There’s always delays. Allow for at least 3 months. Sometimes it’s longer.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Thanks Doulton, that's a worry but hopefully not months.
We have purchased in the Wetlands Release stage 3B, looking like Mid 2019 title. I would think the latter part of the 3rd quarter.
Jambrose85
We have purchased in the Wetlands Release stage 3B, looking like Mid 2019 title. I would think the latter part of the 3rd quarter.

Hi Jambrose, ours is in stage 2. I've seen new construction works in the area so hopefully no big delays. Are you currently living in the Casey area too?
Any members here who purchased land at Canopy Amstel?
chancenecessity
Hi! We've purchased a block in Stage 2 at Canopy at Amstel
Hoping we title sometime this year, fingers crossed!

It's expected to title July this year so hopefully there's no delay. I'm looking forward to it.

Stage 2 is not too far from the main frankston road, so I'm not too sure about the noise.
chancenecessity
I think it should be fine - the wetlands should help! We've got a decent amount of space there

We inquired about land back in March last year and waited ages for the contracts before signing in June so we're reallllyy looking forward to it, hahah! I'm so happy to have found some people from the same estate!

Wow it's now 1 year for you. We've found about the pre selling in July last year then bought in Aug. I'm glad to have found someone here too in the same estate. I haven't visited the area lately so hope I could pop in sometime this week to see the progress.
chancenecessity
It looks fantastic! I drive past twice a day when I'm doing school drop off/pick up and they've been chugging along really well! The new entrance on Cranbourne-Frankston Rd is coming along nicely. I'm actually really hopeful that titles won't be delayed too much!

I went there on the weekend to have a quick look and surprised to see the big progress. I was tempted to go in to have a closer look. Looks like they are meeting the land titling schedule.
chancenecessity

Drove past yesterday and could see some kerbs have gone in! It's looking really good!

Yayy, we are really getting there. When they say title in July, does it mean settlement takes place? If we can start with the build before end of this, there is a chance we move in before Christmas in 2020.
chancenecessity
Melbournevic
chancenecessity

Drove past yesterday and could see some kerbs have gone in! It's looking really good!

Yayy, we are really getting there. When they say title in July, does it mean settlement takes place? If we can start with the build before end of this, there is a chance we move in before Christmas in 2020.

From what I've heard from others, titles are released and settlement can take place up to two weeks later. I'm sure this will vary depending on a variety of factors. PD have told us it takes at least 8 weeks from settlement till day one of the build (we have to do developer approval and all that in this time) so I'm really hoping we can start building before end of this year!

Ohh, it will take a little while then but yes hopefully we can start building before end of this year. It would be nice to spend Christmas in a new home.
Hello everyone, I thought I’d come on here as we are purchasers within Canopy Amstel

How are you all going with your title/settlement?
chancenecessity
mossy2k
Hello everyone, I thought I’d come on here as we are purchasers within Canopy Amstel

Hi!

We're in Stage 2 - our titles came through last week and settlement is scheduled for 5th September!

That’s awesome! Did you have any issues with valuation of your land? As in valuation coming in lower?
mossy2k
chancenecessity
mossy2k

Hi!

We're in Stage 2 - our titles came through last week and settlement is scheduled for 5th September!

That’s awesome! Did you have any issues with valuation of your land? As in valuation coming in lower?

Our land valuation came back good. Just the same as the contract price less the $5k incentive. I've heard it's also the same for others.
Has anyone began their build yet? Keen to know the site costs
MiG
Has anyone began their build yet? Keen to know the site costs

I've seen few houses being built including display homes. I haven't started with my build yet but I suggest to go for fixed site cost. Mine was quoted $20k, building 52 square.
Got our final tender today with an extra whopping amount of $18k, so $40k for the site cost alone. It's due to our soil being P class and additional steel piers are required.
chancenecessity
We're on 22K for site costs.

May I know what soil type? We are P class and got our final tender today and super shocked with the extra amount due to soil type being P.
Currently planning to buy in Stage 6. Anyone near Stage 4 that can tell what site cost you've gotten and the soil quality as well? Thanks
Just recently found out that my land has a retaining wall. Has anyone else had this issue and how big is it?
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum