Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Albright / Elements / Westbrook - Truganina

Page 1 of 3
Hi All

Anyone here who has bought or in process of buying a lot in any of these estates?
We are quite impressed with these three given their proximity to so many amenities (closest new estates to the city, tarneit central shopping centre, school coming up within the estate, Truganina station coming up )

We are planning to buy somewhere between 400-450sq. Our priority is to be as close to the train station as possible and not looking for a title before the end on 2018. Even early 2019 would be fine.

We are torn between these three.Anybody has any thoughts or suggestions or personal experiences to share on these?

Thanks
Hi we bought in Albright which is more of a boutique estate and has bigger lots. I am obviously very biased but hopefully they will have a train station just across the road from us. You could also look at Ellarook estate which will be across the road from the teain station as well. Definitely Albright or Ellarook if you want to be within walking distance to the new train station.

If you are looking at existing and established facilities Westbrook could be your preference. The other two are a little away from the current shopping facilities and train station.
Thanks Pri7780 and Oninon!

I have heard some stories about Westbrook that since it is a very large estate, it will take maximum time out of the 3 to fully develop. Plus whatever lots they are releasing are all in the northern precinct which is practically the same distance from the tarneit station as the other two. And it is consistently pushing title clearances dates.

Not sure how much of the above is true. Heard anything like this?

How long do you think would it take for the Truganina train station to become operative? I believe at least 5 years?

Thanks
Jeenal
JeenB
Thanks Pri7780 and Oninon!

I have heard some stories about Westbrook that since it is a very large estate, it will take maximum time out of the 3 to fully develop. Plus whatever lots they are releasing are all in the northern precinct which is practically the same distance from the tarneit station as the other two. And it is consistently pushing title clearances dates.

Not sure how much of the above is true. Heard anything like this?

How long do you think would it take for the Truganina train station to become operative? I believe at least 5 years?

Thanks
Jeenal

Hi Jeenal Train station i think is planned for in the next 7 years. But i was also told that the need for it is more pressing and they might get it done sooner more like 5 years. I was told Westbrook had lots of issues with rocks as a result builders are charging more for site costs. I have a friend whose titled got delayed 18months.
We have not had this issue in Albright.

18 months:shock:...!! that's quite a long time!! I have heard similar stories, thanks for confirming!
That leaves me with 2 out of 3 options.
I am open to other nearby estates as well! I was looking at Ellarook that you mentioned. Any idea about the rates going on in that one?

Albright charged $340000 for a 450sq block in its last release. Any idea, what similar block in Elements is selling at?
Are both these worth the prices they are asking for or are there other estates close by which are selling off at a much cheaper rate?

Thanks
Jeenal
We paid $275k for a 461m2 land just over a year ago!! It’s amazing how much prices are going up. I think you will find most of those estates have similar prices.

Hi

Planning to buy in Albright or Ellarook.
I heard Albright is by villawood properties who built Alamanda estate in Pointcook.

Given a choice between Albright and Ellarook which one should I choose?

Any idea when is the new station in Truganina coming up? Any info from solid sources.

Tarneit is jam packed during office hours
I would advise for Allbright which is close to Dohertys road. The developer is known for quality. I would definitely factor in for the developer and credentials due to the things happening in property market.

The market looks like cooling down. If you are thinking of an investment property I would be cautious in jumping into now. I know most of the people bought in these new estates are people who wanted to make a quick money by paying initial deposit of 10% and on sell (by nomination) for a cash profit. For the number of estates in and around Tarneit and the lots coming up for sale, once the market starts cooling down we may see some issues here..
Anyone here at Albright ? We have booked our land there and would love to compare notes on site costs.

Thanks.

G

Hi Fongeo, we are in stage 1 and titled this week. Building with Henley and site costs about $18k . Which stage are you?

pri7780
Hi Fongeo, we are in stage 1 and titled this week. Building with Henley and site costs about $18k . Which stage are you?

Awesome it has been a long wait for the titles to arrive. Hope other stages happen on time.

Which house are you building with Henley. When is site start ?

We are in stage 5 deposited with porter Davis. We have been given a provision of 25k for site costs.

We Are building the Sahara 36. I just hope the build goes well, I have heard so many bad stories about Henley. Titles were delayed almost 5 months in the end. So we are paying the matrix at the moment. We have not been given a site start yet but I have an amazing admin so who ensuring we are ready to go soon.

pri7780
We Are building the Sahara 36. I just hope the build goes well, I have heard so many bad stories about Henley. Titles were delayed almost 5 months in the end. So we are paying the matrix at the moment. We have not been given a site start yet but I have an amazing admin so who ensuring we are ready to go soon.

5 months delay is bad. Hope mine is on time or I loose on Pd offers and also pay additional cost of 1000$ a month.

Let us keep in touch, please add anyone that you know are building at Albright to follow and respond to this thread.

It will be good to know thy neighbours

hi All

I am in stage 3, its scheduled to titled in May 2018, Henley gave me 24900 site cost for 32 Sq single story home (too expensive) currently considering Singh Homes, Any review ?

thanks
hi pri7780

thanks for all the information you provided, can i please ask you how was your bank evaluation, Is it comes good ?
how much extra money required on land settlement (like conveyancer fee and another government land charges ). new to this stuff

thx in advance
abhi3001
hi pri7780

thanks for all the information you provided, can i please ask you how was your bank evaluation, Is it comes good ?
how much extra money required on land settlement (like conveyancer fee and another government land charges ). new to this stuff

thx in advance

Hi Abhi
Bank evaluation came in really good which was a bonus. Conveyancer fee i think depends on the conveyancer mine was a bit pricey approx $1200.
All up with land tax etc approx $12000

abhi3001
hi All

I am in stage 3, its scheduled to titled in May 2018, Henley gave me 24900 site cost for 32 Sq single story home (too expensive) currently considering Singh Homes, Any review ?

thanks

Hi
I will suggest go and take Quotes from saloon homes and united homes Australia as well. United homes is building quite a few houses in Westbrook.
Good luck with construction
Mine is a double storey but fix site cost about $25K with Metricon.

On a different note, I would encourage to get fencing done as soon as you get title. There is a big dumping problem in westbrook.
Rockon
abhi3001
hi All

thanks

Hi
I will suggest go and take Quotes from saloon homes and united homes Australia as well. United homes is building quite a few houses in Westbrook.
Good luck with construction

hi Rockon
thanks for your reply
Definitely will get some more quote !!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum