Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Crest at Gledswood Hills

Page 1 of 7
Hi Guys,

Opening this thread for the people who bought, built and building on Mirvac's estate Crest at Gledswood Hills. Please share your experience, concerns anything that will help others who is going to build and live there.

I have just recently signed up for a home and land package at stage 3. Land registration as per Mirvac should happen around December 2017.
Hi mscrashed, i bought at crest too.
Congrats Firstone. Land registered yet? When you planning to build? WHich builder you going with? So far happy with Mirvac's service?
I bought in stage 3 too. Not decided with the builder yet. I have read that you are building with Mirvac and that is a duplex. Great Congratulations. Can I know the size of the block. I just wanted to know the council requirements for a duplex here.

Thanks!
ah great. so you building to live there or invest? my block is 416. You bought one of the 800+sqm block i guess. so you at the rich side of the estate
jokes apart Mirvac sales people should be able to tell you all teh council req.
nope mine is 475 sqm. And I think you are building a double storey and not a duplex.
ah i so wanted these 475 sqm ones. But was over my budget. Yeah double storey.
We have bought land in the Crest - currently waiting for the power lines to be removed and will be building 2 story on a 416 block on Caballo st - should start about April 2018
Congrats mate. my block is 416 too on Beeston street. pretty close to Caballo
So you got power lines on your block or its the big power poles on the estate you talking about. i remember sales guy was talking about moving these at a seminer i attended at the crest. whats the first digit of your block? curious if its in stage 1,2 or 3? mine is stage 3. They told us land should be ready for registration by end of this year. Is April 2018 is your estimation? You found a builder? i am bulding with Mirvac.
Its the lines running over the blocks currently, they have been decommissioned, just need to be removed - Our lot starts with 1 but we only secured it recently as it was re-released - we are looking to build the St Clair with McDonald Jones
McDonald Jones houses are great and was our first choice but at the end had to chnage plan and went for a home and land pckg. ah so sound like none of the land will be registered till March-April 2018? i have been told December this year. well guess 2-3 months delay is normal. keep us posted of any developments.
mscrashed
McDonald Jones houses are great and was our first choice but at the end had to chnage plan and went for a home and land pckg. ah so sound like none of the land will be registered till March-April 2018? i have been told December this year. well guess 2-3 months delay is normal. keep us posted of any developments.

Hi mscrashed

Only the lots affected by the existing power lines are next year (from release 1), if you have been told December i would assume this is still correct as is a different release area - sorry if i confused things
ne0x
mscrashed

Hi mscrashed

Only the lots affected by the existing power lines are next year (from release 1), if you have been told December i would assume this is still correct as is a different release area - sorry if i confused things

Ah thats helpful. will let you all know if i hear anything.
I spoke with Kristin at The Crest sales office this morning and she advised that the decommissioned power lines will be underground by the end of the year (there is a start date for the works but she didn't give it to me) with registration to be lodged immediately after so the blocks should be registered within the first quarter of next year. I also asked when it is expected that the Raby Road entry to Gledswood Hills Drive would be opened up and was told that the road is complete, they are just awaiting for it to be registered so we should have access really soon.
Wow! awesome info, thanks heaps
they had the Raby road to Gledswood hills drive open last couple of time i went there. this saves heaps of time

done my color appointment other day..pretty hectic but glad its over now. howz everyone else doing
They weren’t open the two times I went there this weekend (Saturday and today both around lunchtime)
BUT I got confirmation that they have started work on putting the decommissioned powerlines underground and hopefully should be completed and lodgement with LPI all done before end of year. Hopeful registration by end of February. Hope that timeline doesn’t blow out but who knows!!
yeah think i was lucky had it open. you buidling at Crest sls17?
mscrashed
yeah think i was lucky had it open. you buidling at Crest sls17?

Sure am! The decommissioned power lines are now finally down and we have been told to expect registration to be completed in February.
Great news sls17. Not long now, I have been told i can expect registration in December but no traction from mirvac yet. I assume mine will fall around Feb too.
Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum