Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Riverstone Oasis Stage 2

Page 1 of 2
Just bought some land in this area and decided to start this topic for anyone else who's bought in the area. I've looked around and there's not much information apart from the one on their website so thought we'd share information and updates.

This is what it looks like now (a farm)

This is the website with the release and master plan: http://www.riverstoneoasis.com.au/

I'd love to hear of others experiences and things to watch out for. If you drive through the area and see any changes please share.
Hi ,

I have bought a lot in Stage II . I heard registration is happening in Feb'18 .
Hi, as far as you're aware is the registration still set for Feb/March 2018?
Quick progress, I spoke to developer and they said late March for registration.

I passed through earlier and to me Stage 2 looks quite ready, there's roads, lights, the land has be levelled and cut.
Any news on registration ?
vaibi_11
Any news on registration ?
As per the last correspondence I had with my Lawyers and The Developer they said that “Registration should be in April”.
So atm its just a waiting game. Perhaps if you speak to the developer and hear what they say?

Thanks mmapurazi !! Which Lot did you buy ? Are you ready for the construction and all selections done with your builder ?
vaibi_11
Thanks mmapurazi !! Which Lot did you buy ? Are you ready for the construction and all selections done with your builder ?
lot 11 for us and yourself? We are finalising the last bits so we are ready to go when the land is registered. It’s been a long wait

mmapurazi
vaibi_11

lot 11 for us and yourself? We are finalising the last bits so we are ready to go when the land is registered. It’s been a long wait

Cool ..Ours is Lot 110 on Nicotera St. (which has now been renamed as Matthias st.) Is there any other forum (more active one ) for Oasis Estate or this the only one ?
I checked with my solicitor today and no update from the developer

has anybody got better news ?
Hi, we are looking at buying on Nicotera LOT 224 and we were told registration is not until June.... Any experiences with Noble, please share as we can't find any other reviews anywhere.... THANKS
Hi all,

So glad to see this thread. I started a new thread on noble too but failed to get much response. I am also a buyer in stage 2 going with Noble for the build.

Whilst buying, I was told February and then that became April 2018 as the tentative date. The last I heard from my agent on Friday was May. However, I got in touch with one of the buyers from stage 1 who mentioned the buyers there too went through the same story. First, Feb, then April and finally the lot got registered only in August 2017. However, in both these stages, the common thing is that the developer's work has been done already. It is the council that is delaying. This is what I am getting as a feedback. Another friend was told that the councils were first giving a preference to Box Hill and then Riverstone, though I do not know the relationship between these 2 suburbs as both their councils are different.

Anyway, please share your views.

Thanks.
airsav
Hi, we are looking at buying on Nicotera LOT 224 and we were told registration is not until June.... Any experiences with Noble, please share as we can't find any other reviews anywhere.... THANKS

Hi,

I have replied to your question in the other thread which I had initially started. Posting my reply here too, just in case the members here have any experiences to share.

Just my personal thoughts while evaluating Noble as a buyer:

Honestly, I don't think Noble is a bad builder. Yes, it is their first project and they may have goofed up in a couple of places. But if you look at it most of the builders do that. The decent ones will ask you to pay a heavy price for their prompt services. I have not found Noble very prompt in their reply but for the price that I am paying, I also don't think we can set a very high expectation from them. My friends have gone ahead with some known names and guess what, their experiences were not that good either. In any case, building is always a tricky subject and the probability of finding someone good will always vary unless you pay the price.

I am a buyer in stage 2 oasis Riverstone and I still haven't got much of dealing with Noble, but from my site visit and agent's feedback, it seems Noble is doing pretty well. I saw a lot of houses taken up by them. Being their first project, I am sure, they will keep up on their toes. If they were not doing well after their 3-4 projects, then I could declare them as consistently bad. However at this stage, atleast they are having their portfolio build up soon. Plus, I heard they are very well cashed up by some foreign investment.

I may be wrong on the above, but yes, I hope to stick with them and keep my fingers crossed!!

PMReply
Sorry guys for the late response to your reply’s.
But basically here is an update:
- the developer sent out an email saying that everything is with council at the moment and registration is anticipated in late May.
- another user in this group contacted the Council who in turn informed him that they had returned everything to the developer as there are things that the developer has to do before they can sign off on the registration.
Owing to this I’ve contacted my lawyers to get a clear and concise update from the developer as to what the hold up is. That being said the more people push and ask the developer the more I think we can get traction and further progress. So perhaps contact your solicitor/lawyer/conveyencor and ask them to get an in-depth update from the Developer.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the update. I think it will stretch to June anyway since another agent told me they are selling land based on registration in June.

Apart from this, my lot is 14. I understand the lots facing on both sides of Lina's way road have to pay a levy for maintenance of Lina's way road since council is not maintaining that one. On this note, there was a confusion when we bought our package last year saying that these few lots (1-30) will be registered as Community Title. But last when I spoke to Noble homes, they said this is basically a confusion amongst buyers. The lots are all Torrens title registered but only that they will be charged a community Levy. My solicitor followed up twice with Vendor's solicitor but they have said they are waiting to get a response from the developer.

Does anyone have any idea on the follows:

1. The title of the lots on both sides of Lina's Way road?

2. How much this levy will be?

3. Will we have any reduction in council charges since we are paying this levy?

Thanks
dev1211
Hi Mate,

Thanks for the update. I think it will stretch to June anyway since another agent told me they are selling land based on registration in June.

Apart from this, my lot is 14. I understand the lots facing on both sides of Lina's way road have to pay a levy for maintenance of Lina's way road since council is not maintaining that one. On this note, there was a confusion when we bought our package last year saying that these few lots (1-30) will be registered as Community Title. But last when I spoke to Noble homes, they said this is basically a confusion amongst buyers. The lots are all Torrens title registered but only that they will be charged a community Levy. My solicitor followed up twice with Vendor's solicitor but they have said they are waiting to get a response from the developer.

Thanks
This is the first I’ve heard of this. It’ll definitely be one of my questions to my lawyers as well.

As to the date being in June. There’s so much misunderstanding out there that I wish the developer would just give a clear indication and not just waffle about with inaccurate dates.

mmapurazi
dev1211
Hi Mate,

Thanks

This is the first I’ve heard of this. It’ll definitely be one of my questions to my lawyers as well.

As to the date being in June. There’s so much misunderstanding out there that I wish the developer would just give a clear indication and not just waffle about with inaccurate dates.

Hi nmapurazi,

What lot number are you? I can answer if you are in the community title zone.

Regarding dates, it's like playing darts blindfolded. It's impossible to tell, especially when council don't respond or give accurate dates themselves. The land has been completed for months and months. It's often a guessing game as to when settlement/registration will occur.

The lots that are Community Title have been so since the first contract revision. This is marked in the contract, I'd be asking serious questions of the solicitors if they did not advise you of this.

If anyone has any questions, I represented Aurum Group Australia, who own Castlehaven Projects. We are the major marketing agent behind this project, and are managing much of the correspondence between the developer and client. If you need any updates, we are more than happy to assist!
Hi Michael ,

Nice to see u on this forum ..!!

Any update on registration date?
vaibi_11
Hi Michael ,

Nice to see u on this forum ..!!

Any update on registration date?

Hey Vaibhav! Thanks mate! I've been trying to get on more but didn't realise there was an Oasis thread! I've been replying to the Crown Hill one a lot!

No real concrete update. Personally, from experience. I'm thinking 2 months, but it's hard. Council are cagey, and haven't given us much indication even to us.
Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum