Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

What things need to be done to get the land ready?

Page 1 of 1
I couldn't find info on this anywhere but I'm curious if anyone knows about the process the land goes through to go from paddock to titled/ready to build on?

Not necessarily a step by step sort of thing but I'm curious since our land is meant to be titling some time between now and June (one group of people says April/May and another says May/June), and when we went out there, there are roads, curbs, light posts, and white pipes (for electrical?) sticking out of the ground at each lot, and it looks like they had the area for the footpath down on one side of the road (though there seems to be A LOT of dirt on the lots still).

Anyway, I'm just wondering what else needs to be done to get it ready? (mostly from a curiosity standpoint not a "why isn't done yet?!" standpoint. There's so much step-by-step stuff about houses going up but none about the land!).

(also we were super encouraged to see all this work happening on the street we're building on, the first block of land we thought about was still a paddock. No stone had even been moved! Going from that to seeing roads was sort of exciting lol)
Related
1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

27/05/2024
Help! Getting my garden and home ready for winter

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hey everyone, With winter just around the corner, I'm starting to think about how to prepare my home and garden for the cooler weather. Winters can be a bit surprising,…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum