Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Found land - 45 days & process from here..

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, we have found this beautiful piece of land in lakelands WA to build our home on - yay! Just a query - if we put down our deposit on the land, do we need to have our pre-approval from the bank in order for the builder to put the contract together? And if the contract takes longer than 45 days to put together, will we lose our land?

Hellooooo!

We did all of ours through the builder and our mortgage broker. They will tell you the various steps. You need to get the building contract and the land put in to get finance on BOTH as a package. You don't get final approval for finance until the building contract is done, and the builder can't get that until you have pre-approval. It's a bit confusing but best to let the builder and the mortgage broker guide you - they've done it all before.

Ours went over the 45 days by weeks. They just kept extending it, and in the end we were a week past the date but they didn't make a big deal. We bought MIRVAC land and the MIRVAC representative was really nice (and dealt with a lot of tears and calls from me when things were taking so long)...

The building contract took AGES for us. Just don't stress. It all works out.

Xx
Ally
Related
2/04/2024
Defects/Items found after final inspection

Building A New House

The significant date is when receive final payment invoice Check that section of contract Bit of fluff by builders prior to that

16/01/2024
Mondays are your days

Interior Decorating Lounge

I'll be here once a week, lets make that Mondays. > If you have a question, this will be the day I will log in for a look around.. If your lucky, sooner. Ask away...…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum