Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

levelling land

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
I am thinking of buying a block of land which has a slight slope to it and was curious to know how much it costs to level land (house will be approximately 240-280sqm).

Also, who builds split level homes at less than 200,000?

Thanks!
its a few years ago (2006) but our block had 800mm of fall and it cost $3000 to level the site including modifications to drainage
How much is the block sloped overall and how pronounced is the slope in/around the building envelope (footprint of the house where you wish it to be positioned)?

What direction is the slope (eg. front to back, left to right, etc) and which way is it sloping (ie. up or down)?

Will you have neighbours close by (ie. on adjacent blocks)?

The degree of cut and fill required (as well as the haulage of spoil/fill) to or from your land may contribute significantly to the overall cost of levelling the block.
Thanks for your replies!

The block is sloped maybe 20degrees or so.

The levelling would be from left to right ideally but really the house could be placed either direction as it has two frontages.

If you are looking towards where the front of the house would be then the left is higher than the right and the back of the house level is equal to the front of the house level.

The neighbours back yard backs onto the beginning of my block so their house is quite far away.

Thanks!
we do a lot of site cuts. what it cost varies but usually we pay about one sixth of what a client will pay if they get a contractor. one has to take responsibility, do the set out, tell the machine operator what to do, and if they contractor is dismissed as finished and there is a mistake it will cost a fair bit to get him back.
PM me if you want more, leighton at clark new homes
Related
18/11/2023
level the ground with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB boa

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi guys, I want to do some floor levelling before laying the planks and am considering doing it with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB board. I am wondering which one…

31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum