Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Building on rock

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I have been looking at land in South Australia, that is on a slope however most of the core excavation is complete, with a flat area to place a house.

The agent doesn’t know a lot of history of the property so I asked the big hours who advised the last owner commenced excavation but stopped offer hitting rock and breaking the machinery. They ceased with their plans to build. The rock is visible throughout the propert

I am wanting to place a modular home on the land (but am yet to put in an offer).

The price range seems very high and it has been on the market for quite some time.

1) is it difficult to build on rock?
2) is a slab or steel posts best?
3) what tests are recommended and added to part of the conditions of my offer?
4) knowing the history is it best to add that to my offer due to the challenges and costs I offer less than the price range?
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum