Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Flood Planning Area

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Newbie here and would like to hear your thoughts or help.
What does it mean when the land is in a flood planning area and subject to flood related development controls? I made a reservation in this new development but it is in a flood zone (near the creek and lake) according to the planning certificate. I read from different articles online that this may require additional height to floor level to minimise the impact of flood.

Does anyone here built their houses near the flood plain? How much was the range of additional cost and will this impact the insurance premium? Given this, I realised, most of the new suburbs are in or near a flood zone. I wonder how it was managed during the building. And given the information, should I change my mind about purchasing the lot? Thank you.
Related
11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

3/12/2023
Flood zone block - 1 in 100year

General Discussion

Yes it had a house on it. But Melbourne water only wanted something the original size of the existing house. We managed to fit a 45sq house on.

22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum