Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Sewer Easement at Rear - Land for Townhouse Development

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
Wanted to ask you all a question regarding a sewer easement running along the rear of property.

The property is R3 in Cumberland Council (NSW). Allows for townhouse development, but does anyone have any experience or knowledge with the easement at the back? Will this be an issue? Or council generally allows to build over it?
Hey akky Welcome to the forum
You'll need to pay to have an initial assessment done on a rough plan.
Goodluck
akky
Hi all
Wanted to ask you all a question regarding a sewer easement running along the rear of property.

The property is R3 in Cumberland Council (NSW). Allows for townhouse development, but does anyone have any experience or knowledge with the easement at the back? Will this be an issue? Or council generally allows to build over it?

in vic, the following applies

The following CANNOT be built over these types of assets:
• Residential house/habitable structure, commercial/industrial building;
• Swimming pool either in ground or above ground;
• Tennis courts;
• Trees of any species

The following CAN be built over these types of assets with certain CONDITIONS:
• Non habitable structure (ie: shed, garage, carport);
• Driveways;
• Fences;
• Excavation/fill;
• Retaining walls;
• Other utility services (ie: power, telephone, gas);
• Water tanks up to 5000L

your local water authority would be able to answer your question if they don't have something online.
Sydney water guidelines are here
Microsoft Word - dd_051552 Building over stormwater assets JB (sydneywater.com.au)
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

1/12/2023
Mortar holes/gaps in a 10yo townhouse - are these bad?

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place - I’m new to the property/building journey (trying to buy my first home) so not sure where/who to go with these sorts of…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum