Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Help with understanding slope

Page 1 of 1
Hi, a noob question here to which I think I know the answer but need someone to confirm. I’m buying this lot 50. The developers are doing the sandstone retaining walls around the perimeter of the block. In the attached photo the honeycomb area is the building exclusion zone. My question for you all is how much is the slope on that honeycomb area starting from my neighbouring lot I.e want to know the slop from the neighbours retaining wall on the right to where my building pad (area outside the honeycombs) starts?

Thanks for your help.
there is a 1.6m retaining wall then a slope with 2m fall, over what distance, you need a scale

From what I can see on the contours you can calculate the fall. The top contour is 430 and subtract the lowest value at the bottom of the block to get the fall in metres. As I understand it the contour markings are the height above sea level.

Cheers,

DM
If I read your plan correctly you have a 3 metre drop from the top to the bottom of your block. You know the distancve from the top to the bottom and should be able to calculate the fall as per this:

DEGREES OF SLOPE TO FALL CALCULATOR – Including Gradient – coherence.com.au

Cheers,

DM
Related
17/11/2023
Help understanding Boundary Survey and Nail Location

Building A New House

ask the surveyor for clarification would be the logical approach

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum