Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Concrete Sleeper Retaining Wall cost

Page 1 of 1
Hello All!
This is my very first post in the forum.
I am exploring some land blocks in Spring Mountain (Ipswich QLD) but most of those have retaining wall (proposed concrete sleeper) mentioned in the disclosure plans.
I have attached photo of one of the blocks.
What would be approx. cost to consider building a concrete sleeper retaining wall (2m high, 30m length)?
Another thing that bothers me is the step-up (1m approx.) at the rear. I am hoping that would require some sloping garden design. Any advise, please?

Appreciate your help in advance.
Cheers!
Pre covid approx $120-$130 per face meter (1m x 1m)
Current covid impacted insanity builder go broke prices (yes venting) you could expect $180-$220/ face meter.
The developer has left the rising batter at the rear so they didn't have to retain it. They solved most of your problem and left you a nice little project.
If you're going to retain it, probably as you're only 29.5m deep, get the cut/export included by your builder, retake possession after earthworks do the retaining (quickly) then hand the site back to the builder to continue. You are 12.5m wide so once you build side access is a 900mm-100mm pathway.
Related
7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

7/07/2023
Retaining wall questions

Landscape & Garden Design

Not sure what council area you are in. Some LGA's allow zero lot retaining walls. This usually occurs in greenfield developments but not often in established areas. You…

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum