Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Land registration or transfer title

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Purchased land off the plan and in the land registry the is registered.

But no information from developer so When I called up the developer said they are now submitting papers for tax clearance what does that it mean and how long will it take ?

So what are different types of clearance the developer has to do before transferring the title

Thanks in advance
You want to be mindful of what the contract says about apportioned land tax. what developers do is they "apportion" the value of their entire land tax bill (usually in the millions) against all the lots they own based on their size (smaller lots have smaller apportioned tax obligations).

The reason they do this is to pass on the land tax to you, so they don't have to pay it. However, as the buyer under this arrangement you only pay the apportioned tax for the period remaining before the next assessment. It sounds like the developer is sorting out their tax bill so as to sting you with a full years apportioned amount to lessen their total and to regaiin some funds back. Beware.
Noname
You want to be mindful of what the contract says about apportioned land tax. what developers do is they "apportion" the value of their entire land tax bill (usually in the millions) against all the lots they own based on their size (smaller lots have smaller apportioned tax obligations).

The reason they do this is to pass on the land tax to you, so they don't have to pay it. However, as the buyer under this arrangement you only pay the apportioned tax for the period remaining before the next assessment. It sounds like the developer is sorting out their tax bill so as to sting you with a full years apportioned amount to lessen their total and to regaiin some funds back. Beware.

Do all the developers for through this process. The estimated time developer told is 8 to 10 weeks is that true. How come other developers settle in 14 or 21 days after land registration.

Trying to understand the process what is takes to get a title on a newly developed property.
This gets done once a year. Guess what time it is? It's end of financial year.
what does your contract say about when the settlement should occur?
Hope your land is settled by now. how long it took your developer for ATO clearance after registration or is it still in process ?
Related
6/12/2023
Create of a restriction on the title

Building A New House

Flamingo Give me a call and I will do my best to talk you through it. For those who would like an answer, Subject to seeing your actual DA condition, I think you are…

31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum