Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

True North Greenvale

Page 5 of 6
Canopus
icheema
Canopus
Hey - can someone let me know what documents comprise ‘Property Service Information’. This is required for the builder admin to have the plans engineered. So just wanted to know what all info I need to provide to the builder.

No idea, didn't have to provide on my last build. Maybe true north can help.

Btw has your land settled?

I did my first valuation with ANZ and it came about $70,000 under, so not really happy about it. Now they are trying a different valuer, lets see what cat they bring out of the bag. Stage 14, lot 1436.

icheema - all the best with your next valuation.

Our land is going to settle end of this week. Looks like everything is in order and hopeful of no last minute surprises.

Good luck with it.

Yeah we did another valuation through a different agency, still ANZ and it came right on the money. So yeah one less thing to worry about now. Lol
Dui2705
Hi Guys,

Canopus No idea.. we didn't get that request from the builder.. yet. Not sure if they will request this in the future. Our drawings are in final drafting stage, site start has been communicated to be around the next 2-3 weeks.

Icheema Oh no! I hope your new valuation is better, hopefully with the market going a bit crazy now and house prices bouncing back. All the best!

Dui2705 - all the best with the site start and keep us updated with the progress. Are you planning on hiring an independent inspector?

And re the property information; it is sourced by the builder through an external agency.
icheema
Good luck with it.

Yeah we did another valuation through a different agency, still ANZ and it came right on the money. So yeah one less thing to worry about now. Lol

That's awesome. Happy for you
Canopus
@Dui2705 - all the best with the site start and keep us updated with the progress. Are you planning on hiring an independent inspector?

And re the property information; it is sourced by the builder through an external agency.

Hey canopus, No, just going with the building surveyor allocated by Simonds.. should I? Will you be hiring a private inspector?
If you are looking for a good private inspector in Victoria, ring Darbecca. 03 53672111.

Hope this helps.
Dui2705
Canopus
Dui2705 - all the best with the site start and keep us updated with the progress. Are you planning on hiring an independent inspector?

Hey canopus, No, just going with the building surveyor allocated by Simonds.. should I? Will you be hiring a private inspector?

Hi Dui2705 - The building surveyor is different to the inspector. I am also going with the surveyor appointment by the builder. The inspector provides inspection services to check if all works have been done upto the standards. As a first time builder, I think I will go with a private inspector just for peace of mind that all works done are not sub-standard.
Has anyone received the soil test reports with the soil classification?
Canopus

Yes mine was classified H2 and hence slab upgrade etc but luckily I had a fixed costs agreement with Porter Davis so not paying anything extra.

Lot 1436.
icheema
Canopus

Yes mine was classified H2 and hence slab upgrade etc but luckily I had a fixed costs agreement with Porter Davis so not paying anything extra.

Lot 1436.

Same, mine was H2 and Slab upgrade as well, site costs were fixed.
Dui2705
icheema
Canopus

Lot 1436.

Same, mine was H2 and Slab upgrade as well, site costs were fixed.

H2 for us as well and fixed site costs so no extra $$$ to spend. Can’t wait for the construction to start.
Canopus
H2 for us as well and fixed site costs so no extra $$$ to spend. Can’t wait for the construction to start.

Good luck with the build. I went to the site a couple of days ago and a lot of houses are already popping up. The work on that Woolworths thingy has also started.
Hi Guys,

I'm from stage 15, have some questions about the valuation.

icheema when you mention a different agency is that means a different broker?

Has anyone done the land valuation recently?

15 ETA title in December but I'm very worried about the land valuation gonna drag me down.

Thanks in advance
Hi,
We are told it is titling late oct 2019 but there is no news on SOC. Anyone having plot in stage 14, could you please provide your feedback as well. That would help allot. Thanks.
This is stage 14 greenvale
Jeff123
Hi Guys,

I'm from stage 15, have some questions about the valuation.

icheema when you mention a different agency is that means a different broker?

Has anyone done the land valuation recently?

15 ETA title in December but I'm very worried about the land valuation gonna drag me down.

Thanks in advance

Hi Jeff, I replied you yesterday but looks like it didn’t work.

So I went through Anz mobile lenders, they are kind of brokers but only deal with ANZ.

First he used one valuation company which priced 70k down, then he went to do a valuation with another company on panel of ANZ and they came on the money.

Also the loan was approved in 4 days.

Send me a private message if you would like a referral to the mobile lender, he is pretty good with these things.
Snow1
Hi,
We are told it is titling late oct 2019 but there is no news on SOC. Anyone having plot in stage 14, could you please provide your feedback as well. That would help allot. Thanks.

Hi Snow,

Same, my lot is 1436.

They don’t have SOC yet but hoping to come any day. Then a week or two for titles and then 10 days for settlement.
Hi cheema,

Thank you for your response. Yes just hoping there are no longer more delays that's all. Mid October is almost over now. Let's see.

Thank you
icheema
Canopus
Hi icheema

We are in stage 13 and got the valuation done on the land + building contract and it came on point at the combined contract value. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. May I ask which bank did you go with ?

Hi there! My husband and i have land that recently titled stage 13. Sadly our valuation fell short and am desperate to start building.
Can i ask which bank you went with also?
zeph0n_42
icheema
Canopus
Hi icheema

We are in stage 13 and got the valuation done on the land + building contract and it came on point at the combined contract value. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. May I ask which bank did you go with ?

Hi there! My husband and i have land that recently titled stage 13. Sadly our valuation fell short and am desperate to start building.
Can i ask which bank you went with also?

Hi zeph0n_42

We went through a mortgage broker and got the loan from ANZ. If you would like, then I can provide you the contact details of the broker.

We are in stage 13 as well
Hello all,

Just wanted to check if the gas lines are all installed? The builder advised us that the gas lines are not in place for stage 13.
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum