Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Land Registration? Kellyville - Balmoral Road Release

Page 4 of 21
It looks a strange demarcation of the boundary. So some houses in New Holland Drive (west side) will be under BV and some under KV (east side)?
JSRK
It looks a strange demarcation of the boundary. So some houses in New Holland Drive (west side) will be under BV and some under KV (east side)?

Yup. Everything on West of New Holland / existing Cedar Cutter is BV, and East of that is KV. Mind you Free Settlers drive that touches Cedar Cutter is KV on East, BV on west and Norwest (the new suburb) when it touches Fairway Drive .. lol ..

Good luck with Postal deliveries!
Hi Neighbours,
Nice to meet you all - sort of.

I too have purchased land in Gardenview Court and have been supporting the suburb name change from Kellyville to Bella Vista. Last Tuesday night 5/9/17 council held a meeting to proceed with proposing to the GNB the realignment of our suburb. Signatures are needed for support, I strongly recommend you contact Kristina Delacour re her proposal she has all the details her email is Kristina@delacorp.com.au. She is trying to get in touch with any residents/neighbours, as the more support the higher the chance of approval. Minutes of the meeting are available on the council website.
Thanks for sharing Kristina's contact. It has appeared on the media as well: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslo ... 6e5c33da3d

Council Meeting agenda has full details:
https://www.thehills.nsw.gov.au/files/s ... 6c4867c1f|

It's likely our land will be realigned in a more logical sense and following the guideline from GNB. Therefore Cedar Cutter way can not be split into two suburbs. If you know any neighbour who also deposited the land, please ask if they are interested in signing a support vote to the council and GNB. Details can be found by contacting Kristina Delacour on Kristina@delacorp.com.au.
Yup. Council sent out revised boundary map and realignment letter on email today. Hopefully, once the GNB meets next week there are no objections when they publically advertise the revised boundaries ..
Apparently there was a lot of objection the first time around (but mostly from people that weren't affected at all - they just didn't want bella vista to grow any larger than it is) ..

We'll still be funny-ly placed .. BV this side, KV opposite .. and a few meters on the same side, KV again .. it would be a bigger mess if they would let KV run into Cedar cutter ..

BTW, i don't see any update on the balmoral road reserve development .. was it put on the back burner?
We are in the new holland development, reading the latest council minutes and proposed extension of the boundary it looks like New Holland will now be within Bella Vista and not split between Kellyville and BV.

Having the border being the proposed reserve makes more sense than having the border down a residential street.

Does anyone know when the GNB is meeting or when the next council meeting on this is?
Yup still a bit left to trek before this happens .. we still need as many residents supporting this as we can because there'll be quadruple times more opposing it ...

GNB meets Sept 19 to adopt and then display publically for 30 days i think .. any magnitude of sh|t storm can pop-up in that time ..
If you know your neighbors please get them to sign the petition ..
They are making good progress on Cedar Cutters, kurbs are in and the remaining strip of road going down....

Anyone know what happen if registration cannot happen before sunset date which is in December?
ste982 looks like its nearing completion, they should be up for registration by the end of December.

BCMPS Contracts state the following in section 20 (a)(i/ii/iii)

(i) The vendor must use all reasonable endeavors to have the Plan of Subdivision Registered by the Registration Date.
(ii) if completion has not taken place by the Registration Date, either party may rescind this contract pursuant to clause 19 and the provisions of division 10 of the conveyancing act 1919 (NSW). The right to rescind under this additional clause 19 will cease upon the registration of the plan of subdivision.
(iii) The Registration date means 31 December 2017

Buyer protection laws have changed and in 2015 the government introduced laws to protect buyers when buying of the plan/unregistered lots, see the following link > http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/A ... _plan.page

This new law states the following: "Under the Conveyancing Amendment (Sunset Clauses) Act 2015, a developer that is the vendor under a contract is now required to give notice to each purchaser under the contract, before ending the contract. This notice must state why the developer proposes to end the agreement and give reasons for delay with the project.
For the contract to be terminated, the purchaser would need to agree.
If the purchaser does not agree, and the lot has not been created before the sunset date, then the developer will need to obtain an order from the Supreme Court permitting the contract to be rescinded.
The new legislation will apply to all off the plan contracts that have not been completed - that is, contracts that are still in operation on 2 November 2015; and, also, to any off the plan contracts entered into on or after 2 November 2015.
So, for example, if a developer has sought to use a sunset clause to rescind a contract made on or after 2 November 2015, the contract would attract the protection of the new law and the developer would need to obtain a Supreme Court order to end that contract."
I highly doubt it will be registered by end of dec given Xmas period and they still need to get council to sign off registration. I am afraid this will delay till Q1 next year...
BCMPS
I highly doubt it will be registered by end of dec given Xmas period and they still need to get council to sign off registration. I am afraid this will delay till Q1 next year...

I would be happy with Q1 next year but I fear that it may take as long as the site opposite, which if I remember correctly took about 10 months based on a previous comment
With the sunset clause only a few days away I wondered if anyone had received an update from the developer?
Hi. Have you guys received a letter from the council for the development of a Child Care Centre (corner of Balmoral and New Holland Drive) for about 120 kids ..

This is smack in the middle of the Acquire Property lots.. I bet this wasn't known/told at the time of selling the lots ..

What's everyone's view on this?

Application can be seen on HILLS SHIRE DA SITE AT:
Search by DA > Application number: 1220/2018/HA

Or search here if the link above doesn't work ..

https://epathway.thehills.nsw.gov.au/eP ... leCode=LAP
Thanks for sharing, I was not aware.

I thought all the Acquire lots were to be used for residential property only (based on them being sold as individual blocks).

Not sure how I feel about this.

BTW has anyone received an update from the developer on when works will be complete?
Have no idea .. ours was delayed by a year from the date they had given .. you can expect the same - they're still doing civil works on your lots - post that it's a 3 month wait till it goes through council and LPI.

It's possible that they've completed the documentation in parallel and will submit it to council while the works complete. Our civil works were completed in July 2016 .. they didn't submit till November 2016 .. and it didn't register till July 2017 ..
Sunset date should be end of 2017. I have not received anything from solicitor, guess will have to chase them up. If anyone hear from your solicitor pls share.
This is the Child care DA doc: https://apps.thehills.nsw.gov.au/Applic ... &rend=Orig

What is the downside to us?
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the area was zone R2 low density residential which prohibits child care centres?
ste982
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the area was zone R2 low density residential which prohibits child care centres?

This was true a couple of years ago, now .. on the contrary, planning nsw allows child care centres in R2 so that child care can be closer to homes..

However putting it smack in the middle of large sized lots is weird .. if you read the documentation provided in the DA they have justified its presence and location by stating that there aren't many around the area, that the apartments will spring up near old windsor road which will increase demand .. and that balmoral road can take the increase of traffic ..

I'm feeling for the two owners on the corner of new holland and balmoral - it's right in front of them .. i should go speak to him see what they feel..

I'm thinking Acquire Property knew this all along, its not like the company randomly bought 4 lots together not telling the developer they want to put a child care centre .. it also somehow will affect value as people will have pre-conceptions about traffic and noise even though they will be minimal ... specially the lots touching its boundary/opposite it ..
Related
2/05/2024
Brick vents to cool the structure and release heat

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Shade the brick with large eves. Since going to minimum of 600mm eaves on my build, I've noticed much improved cooling off the house after hot summer days. Can see the…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum