Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Building in Southbank, Sheidow Park

Page 4 of 16
Hi Southbank, We got a house and plan package through Fairmont, the Portland but the plans were modified a bit. The plans were sent to council a whole ago, so hopefully once the land settles they can start building sooner rather than later. Well thats my wishful thinking anyway.
Morning all,

Did anyone else else receive a letter form RealtySA yesterday about the settlement delay? They have written "settlement to occur August/September" but the way I read it it's going to take at least another 8 weeks.

Bit disappointing, we're pretty eager for things to start happening.
Morning all,

Yes we received the letter last night as well. What can you do, nothing but wait. It's a bugger.

The delays have helped us in away, as we are still in the process of selling our house in Sheidow Park, and as some of you might beware the market for selling is very very slow,
to the point of bloody annoying. So if you know of anyone how wants to live in the beautiful Sheidow Park.

Check out our house for sale, Open this weekend Sunday 17th July 2011 @ 2:30pm - 3:15pm
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-sheidow+park-107278849
Your place looks great Boostboy. I don't know anyone looking in the area but I wish you all the best with the open this weekend.
We got the same letter in the mail last night regarding the August/September. I rang at the beginning of the month to the Realty SA people and they told me the end of this month so less than impressed with the delay and misleading information.
To be honest - I just want the building to start!!!
Hi Steph78, who at RealtySA has left? I want/need to contact them next week to discuss how much notice they will give us when they advise us the settlement date when the titles have registered and issued.
John S was great. Its the lady there I'm not a fan of. She gave me so much cr*p information. She told me that I was not getting the block of land I have in field river estate, trott park. Unless I had immediate finance approval for both block and to build a house worth over 300k. When she sent out my land contract it said i needed minimal finance approval for 550k. As you can imagine I had this amended. The contract she sent out also had 1 extra 0 on the price of my land lol. So it started it was 2,**0,000 instead of 2**,000 lol. As you can imagine I also had this amended
Anyone else get their footing report? Ouch!!
1stBuildFR
John S was great. Its the lady there I'm not a fan of. She gave me so much cr*p information. She told me that I was not getting the block of land I have in field river estate, trott park. Unless I had immediate finance approval for both block and to build a house worth over 300k. When she sent out my land contract it said i needed minimal finance approval for 550k. As you can imagine I had this amended. The contract she sent out also had 1 extra 0 on the price of my land lol. So it started it was 2,**0,000 instead of 2**,000 lol. As you can imagine I also had this amended

We had problems with N too but not as bad as yours. Both DP and I put back up holds on the block we had now, she called me and offered me another block (smaller, more expensive and on a corner) and then called DP immediately after and offered him the block we had now (got the shock of a lifetime when she realised we were the same people.
We're still waiting on our footings report. Miss_m may I ask approx how much your footings cost was? Our builder has allowed $28,000. We're really hoping it doesn't go over this.
Hey Southbank. You might be ok then. We were allowed $18,000 and they're $25,000 plus we have to pay $9,000 to split the house, then $2,000 because of the stupid windspeed.
it is always nice to move to new places
Thanks for the tip miss_m.

Our Builder has allowed $25,000 for footings.

I really hope we dont have a split, as our builder wont do them.

miss_m is your block on the high side or low side of the road?
High side of platform ave. The house works ok as a split and we're hoping it will save money in the long run by not needing as many retaining walls :s
Sorry to hear about all of your added expenses miss_m. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here forward.
Hi fellow future neighbors, we are in the process of potentially buying on platform ave and have some questions as Im sure many of you had and have. In your experience is the price of the lots that you have purchased been fixed? the latest email that i got has informed me that the prices are fixed, which doesnt really bother us too much because we like the area and the lot etc etc, but was interested to hear from those that have purchased there in the southbank area stage 24.

secondly if you could give me any other advice before going into this, maybe things that you didnt know about that you have found out along the way or have been surprised at that would be great.

many thanks,

lastly i think this forum is awesome and will visit again.

cheers!
Hi Southerner.

All lots thru RealtySA are fixed price. They are a developer and therefore set their price. There is no negotiation.

Do you currently have a block on hold? If you don't, I think you may find it harder than you realise to obtain a block.

If you have a block.. well done
i know many people that will be envious. I think you'll find the biggest surprise you will encounter will be footings costs/split leveling/retaining.

Good Luck
hi 1stbuildFR

thanks for your post,

I thought that was the case with regards to the price being fixed. Just wanted to be sure that im not getting bluffed.

Yes I do currently have a lot on hold and have asked for the contract to be written up. Its on the high side of Platform ave. The fall of the site is 1:15 per the prelim engineer report. Im goin into it thinking that retaining walls with suffice. I was abit shocked to hear that the coucil is pushing for split level blocks on the high side of platform. Would love to hear from any one else that has bought on the high side.

So are the footing costs going to be higher in southbank stage 24 than other development areas? is this because of the high resistance levels in the soils? I tell you those preliminary engineers reports require a university degree just to interpret them. any help with reading them would be apreciated.

I will be taking the prelimiary report to the builders tomorrow just to go through with them the plan that we have.

many thanks
Welcome to the forum Southerner. Our experience with the land agent hasn't been all that positive but we remain happy with the land purchase. We were very rushed when it came to signing the land contract and have had three contract amendments. We found it harder when it came to selecting a house plan and builder and still unsure whether we made the right decision. Currently waiting for footings report from builder and have our fingers crossed it doesn't blow the budget.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum