Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Blue Horizon Estate, North Kellyville

Page 29 of 43
yes what council doesnt want is 1 or 2 m cut and fills. having said that the rule needs to be flexible as the majority of blo cks in estate have considerable fall
uspepper
light487
newbie1
Hi All,

We have lot 411, looking for owner of lot 412 to discuss taking down the tree.

Have discussed with council - I am keen to do it before any building starts.

Hrmm I would have thought the council would help you out with either contact information or contacting them for you just like when you need to build a fence in adjoining land. If not, couple of things you can do;

Call your solicitor/conveyancer and see what they advise.
Call the blue horizon developers directly and ask them the same. Their numbers are on the blue horizon website.

Someone will be able to get the information if not giving it directly to you, they should be able to pass on your request for contacting to discuss the removal of the tree

Don't bother contacting the developer or sales person, they won't give you any help

Hi,

thanks for the advice - neither council nor the solicitors are of any help at the moment as the land is not settled - I can wait as it is one of the questions that i have for my conveyancer to obtain answers for.

I just want to get it down much sooner, rather than later.
Anyone have any news on stage 3 registration ?

Lot 305 Wattleridge crescent
Hey Saintly. I just had a quick look and it is very, very close! It was examined, went under requisition, and has now been relodged. My guess would be registration within days.
Hi all. Pleased to say that we settled a few days ago. We're really looking forward to meeting you all at some point and watching the estate transition into a lovely neighbourhood.

A huge thanks to David Glasheen for all of his correspondence and chats over the past few months. It's refreshing to meet an agent who answers and returns calls, and is forthcoming with as much information as possible. We really appreciate it David, and we will recommend you to friends and family in the area.

Fingers crossed Stage 3 registers in the next week and this forum can shift focus to everyone's build process and experiences.
Legoland - which lot number are you?
Congrats Legoland.. Thanks to you we could all get together here on this forum and discuss and got a lot of our questions answered.. Hope stage 3 gets registered quickly too

Yes thanks to legoland ...... Perhaps we should all have a party at the first home completed ?????

Lot 305 Wattleridge crescent
Legoland was there anything special in the 88b on settlement

Building MJH Garden Retreat modified Lot 305 Wattleridge Crescent Kellyville
Drove through the estate today. Lot 121's slab all done, Lot 110 has a fence up and is too far from road to properly see. Everywhere else is no activity. Our red pegs for Lot 105 are properly up now and I can see that Lot 104 has had the tree that was near our fence removed. Lot 106 still has a tree to remove before they can start building but it wouldn't affect ours, I hope?
Hey Saintly,

No, nothing that I wasn't already aware of. Most of the restrictions and covenants are imposed by the Hills Council and are related to rain gardens, rain water tanks, earthworks, bushfire etc. If you've read the North Kellyville DCP, you'd be aware of most of the items in the 88B.
Thanks legoland

Had a really good read of the DCP and it makes me so much more excited for building in the area. I am glad we are building up this end of North Kellyville but still will be able to access all the great "meeting place" type areas with ease. My son is 16 months old right now, so maybe by the time he is ready for kindergarten, he can go to the local primary school.. that would be really great!
Hey Saintly. What happened with Provincial?
Saintly 60
Thanks legoland

The standard floorplan is very compartmentalised in appearance though once you get to the kitchen area I'm sure it opens up a lot.
So your house is facing west?
Provincial homes are great builders however the mjh garden retreat suited our block and the corner aspect better. .

Ahh... makes perfect sense Saintly. Looks like a lovely design for your block!
The 500mm cut and fill causes heaps of confusion. Mjh were smart enough to be able to change siting and other things to enable a greater cut.

Saintly 60
The 500mm cut and fill causes heaps of confusion.

Can somebody please elaborate on the 500mm cut/fill restrictions, and whether they differ from Council vs. CDC?

My builder has indicated they will be cutting 800mm+ from the rear, is that going to be a problem?
Depends on who you talk to ...... mjh doing thru cdc.... We are cutting 860mm rear and only filling 410mm.
If 2 storey it's harder to approve
Related
5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

8/09/2023
H2 Blue Pine

Bugs & Suggestions

I’m just in the process of replacing 2 stud walls that have been severely damaged by termites and am planning to use h2 blue pine. I just wanted to if anyone can advise…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum