Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Hamilton Rise - South Morang

Page 2 of 4
chlo27
chop
Yes, builder called, he said there is name allocated to the street where our lot is. It is now called "Whiltshire Way".

I have checked with other people, this is not major news, developer is supposed to submit street names to the council, then it is up to council to approve the street name.

I am waiting for some activity by the council, now that application is submitted. It can take anywhere from a month to few months. Only after approval by council, there will be some activity on- the site.

Thanks Chop!

hopefully they approve soon and things can get moving.

Whiltshire Way, sounds ok haha better than 'road 2' - is this for lots 23 -31?

No, for 'Road 01' lots 4 to 7
so now its pushed out to February.....
chlo27
so now its pushed out to February.....

Who said? did u call Kevin
I am waiting for May update
Council website indicates application has progressed and on-site EightProperties banner are placed on the fence.
anyone have any news?
I don't have any, contacted Hamilton Rise couple of times their response seems very optimistic. However, when I cross check their claim, it is all false claim.

Spoke with the council on this matter, unfortunately, they also cannot do anything about it.
So they have delayed it again, just before the update came out i was told by Jason "there is a bottleneck in council waiting on endorsements"

I am getting so frustrated, titles will be released early 2019 but they didn't even give us a date
chlo27
So they have delayed it again, just before the update came out i was told by Jason "there is a bottleneck in council waiting on endorsements"

I am getting so frustrated, titles will be released early 2019 but they didn't even give us a date

I agree, I have spoken with Jason too. I am not convinced about his answer.

Spoke with the council, they have given approval. It is up to developer now when they start infrastructure only then the council will give SOC. No pending work required from the council.

Hamilton Rise also got the contract to develop at the back of this lot. I wish I could get this company blacklisted. If you have any information on how we can put complain I am happy to support or take initiative.
Have you told Jason that you have heard contradictory information from the council? I wonder what his response would be.
chlo27
Have you told Jason that you have heard contradictory information from the council? I wonder what his response would be.

I did, he said that I am correct, however, they are waiting on some other engineering approval which will take month or so.

In my opinion, developer is deliberately delaying this project. Instead of doing in parallel they wait for one thing to be done then start other things. I bet next update will be that they are finalising contractor for construction. This is what Jason told me when I asked him about delay in February.

Everytime you ask he comes with a different excuse. Council was very explicit in saying now it is upto developer to start construction council is not holding up the project.

Worst part is Hamilton Rise got the contract for adjacent land development I wonder if they are delaying so can start both at the same time to save money.
chop
chlo27

I did, he said that I am correct, however, they are waiting on some other engineering approval which will take month or so.

In my opinion, developer is deliberately delaying this project. Instead of doing in parallel they wait for one thing to be done then start other things. I bet next update will be that they are finalising contractor for construction. This is what Jason told me when I asked him about delay in February.

Everytime you ask he comes with a different excuse. Council was very explicit in saying now it is upto developer to start construction council is not holding up the project.

Worst part is Hamilton Rise got the contract for adjacent land development I wonder if they are delaying so can start both at the same time to save money.

it definitely seems that they are delaying it on purpose now. i'm just concerned that they will continue to delay until they just cancel on us completely.

I might mention it to Jason as well and see what he says, I will wait to hear back from my conveyancer first to see if she has any additional information.

do they also have the land across martin close? where construction has already started? I always assumed that was theirs too.
soooo frustrated with this developer! bought at stonefields in 2017 and was told it would title june 2019 then moved to december 2019 and now just got update that its been moved to november 2020!!! seriously!!! is it possible to get deposit back?? so unhappy!
chlo27
chop
chlo27

it definitely seems that they are delaying it on purpose now. i'm just concerned that they will continue to delay until they just cancel on us completely.

I might mention it to Jason as well and see what he says, I will wait to hear back from my conveyancer first to see if she has any additional information.

do they also have the land across martin close? where construction has already started? I always assumed that was theirs too.

hi, any updates?

I have also heard about developer delaying project on purpose and then cancel as land appreciates too much.

checked my contract, sunset clause is at 3 year. With the way things are with the property market, it is in developer interest to complete the project as land may not appreciate that much.
sien86
soooo frustrated with this developer! bought at stonefields in 2017 and was told it would title june 2019 then moved to december 2019 and now just got update that its been moved to november 2020!!! seriously!!! is it possible to get deposit back?? so unhappy!

good luck mate,

at least he honestly updated new date will be 2020

For us, title was supposed to be on Feb 18 and the most recent update is Feb 19 which keeps on changing in every monthly update we receive.
It looks like they have finally started something! i drove past the other day and there has been a lot of dirt moved, a fence is up and lots might have been marked out and there was pipes and supplies out.

So hopefully the next update brings good news.
chlo27
It looks like they have finally started something! i drove past the other day and there has been a lot of dirt moved, a fence is up and lots might have been marked out and there was pipes and supplies out.

So hopefully the next update brings good news.

Yes, thanks went today. Same as you mentioned pipes, leveled ground some markings. Last update said titles expected mid-2019.
Gday all! Just stumbled across this forum online. Myself and my Fiancée have bought land in stage 2 and are a little confused as to what's going on start date wise etc. we were told it's delayed and now paperwork has been approved by council ready to have meeting regarding town planning with builders. Does anyone have anymore info regarding stage 2? That would be awesome to shed some more light on this. Keen as to get started, such an awesome area! Thanks guys. Marc
chlo27
chop
Yes, builder called, he said there is name allocated to the street where our lot is. It is now called "Whiltshire Way".

I have checked with other people, this is not major news, developer is supposed to submit street names to the council, then it is up to council to approve the street name.

I am waiting for some activity by the council, now that application is submitted. It can take anywhere from a month to few months. Only after approval by council, there will be some activity on- the site.

Thanks Chop!

hopefully they approve soon and things can get moving.

Whiltshire Way, sounds ok haha better than 'road 2' - is this for lots 23 -31?

Thanks Chop for all the info mate! We are in stage 2 and keen to get started. Hoping for street names to fly past council and get some roads in. We can’t even sign contract with Builder as we don’t have street name so just sitting and waiting! Keen to get a move on here. Hello all neighbours
Hops91
Gday all! Just stumbled across this forum online. Myself and my Fiancée have bought land in stage 2 and are a little confused as to what's going on start date wise etc. we were told it's delayed and now paperwork has been approved by council ready to have meeting regarding town planning with builders. Does anyone have anymore info regarding stage 2? That would be awesome to shed some more light on this. Keen as to get started, such an awesome area! Thanks guys. Marc

Hi Marc,

What is your lot address? There is some confusion regarding stages. Is your lot at 269 The Lakes Boulevard.

We are in stage 1 which is expected to be titled mid-2019.

Check website www.spear.land.vic.gov.au/spear/publicSearch/Search.do
it will give your block application status with the council.
chop
Hops91

Hi Marc,

What is your lot address? There is some confusion regarding stages. Is your lot at 269 The Lakes Boulevard.

Check website http://www.spear.land.vic.gov.au/spear/ ... /Search.do

Hi chop!

We are lot 15 girvan place. That’s all it says. Thanks so much for the link I will log on and have a look! Appreciate it mate. We are second stage and keen as mustard to get in and start enjoying our next stage of life. Fingers crossed it all goes smooth. Cheers chop!
Hops91
chop
Hops91

Hi Marc,

Check website http://www.spear.land.vic.gov.au/spear/ ... /Search.do

Hi chop!

We are lot 15 girvan place. That’s all it says. Thanks so much for the link I will log on and have a look! Appreciate it mate. We are second stage and keen as mustard to get in and start enjoying our next stage of life. Fingers crossed it all goes smooth. Cheers chop!

Gday all and happy new year!! Hope it’s a great year for all regarding land and house! Has anyone heard any more news regarding there stage? We are stage 2 and still waiting to hear back from Simonds homes on some information. Cheers all
Related
9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum