Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Land Registration? Kellyville - Balmoral Road Release

Page 2 of 21
bluemetal77
BCMPS
bluemetal77
Hey. I'm in your neighbouring lot and i've got an email from my solicitor that the land will now be registered by April 2017 (it was due Aug/Sept 2016, then Dec 2016).

I'm actually in Lot 16-20 Balmoral - are you saying the developers have gone bust? Where are you reading this?

Hi Mate, is your lot opposite Bel air drive? That 40 lot subdivision was sold a few years ago, then resell it last year June at much higher price. I am in 22 Balmoral, which is opposite London Ct.

Correct. I'm opposite bel air drive, the 40 lot subdivision. And i bought it around March 2016, so not sure if this was before/after the whole re-sell happened. Lots were pricey ($900-$980K) but still less than what Acquire was selling 22 Balmoral at ($950-$1.1m)

So are you saying 20 Balmoral was sold at a lower price a few years ago, and the prices i'm quoting above are the higher prices?

There was only handful of lots sold at 900-980k. I thought some of them was sold over 1.1m? It was sold around 750k back in 2014.
Quote:
There was only handful of lots sold at 900-980k. I thought some of them was sold over 1.1m? It was sold around 750k back in 2014.

Yup. That's correct.

I don't know about 2014 prices in the Balmoral area, but in the Arnold Ave release they were sure around the $750K mark back then, but back then we weren't looking to buy yet .. and 2 years later we're paying $150K+ more for the same size land .. ridiculous .. i can't see the "cost of development" going up by that much PER LOT ..
What builders are you guys looking to use? Have you locked down any floor plan yet?
We are keen on a house called Aria by Construction by Design, they have a show home in the Home Quest display village off Memorial Ave. Waiting until we see progress with the land before we fully commit
Ours will be a custom build - haven't locked down plans nor a builder.
We're not sure how big/small to build .. i guess its a canvas that's blank at the moment ..
Hi. Have you guys seen this?

http://www.thehills.nsw.gov.au/Building ... kham-Hills

New boundaries are being proposed with formally acknowledging "north kellyville" as a suburb, creating a new suburb "norwest" plus moving boundaries for bella vista and kellyville (in the balmoral release)...

I feel it would be sensible to use balmoral road as a natural divider and take all area south of it into bella vista .. the way they have proposed (see map plans on the link) it cuts in then out and needlessly and helplessly tries to keep the new balmoral release development with kellyville .. which makes no sense as the street scape/house build there is more intune with bella vista waters rather than the hodge podge kellyville ..

what do you guys think? i don't mind being 2153 ..
Hi

Thought I would let you all know that I have seen a bit of activity on site end of last week.

It looked like they were digging up some old tanks and removing them.

Hopefully this is the start of the sub division work.

Tried to get a pic but was a bit tricky...

Also asked my lawyer to request an update from the developer 3 weeks ago, we are still waiting for a reply.
Yeah.. I saw some activities too. Please let us know what the response from your lawyer Ste.
bluemetal77
Hi. Have you guys seen this?

http://www.thehills.nsw.gov.au/Building ... kham-Hills

New boundaries are being proposed with formally acknowledging "north kellyville" as a suburb, creating a new suburb "norwest" plus moving boundaries for bella vista and kellyville (in the balmoral release)...

I feel it would be sensible to use balmoral road as a natural divider and take all area south of it into bella vista .. the way they have proposed (see map plans on the link) it cuts in then out and needlessly and helplessly tries to keep the new balmoral release development with kellyville .. which makes no sense as the street scape/house build there is more intune with bella vista waters rather than the hodge podge kellyville ..

what do you guys think? i don't mind being 2153 ..

I think the problem is people live in Bella Vista had objected that idea. They don't want to see BV getting any bigger and council has to listen to idea from affected residents.
[quote defaultattr=""]
I think the problem is people live in Bella Vista had objected that idea. They don't want to see BV getting any bigger and council has to listen to idea from affected residents.[/quote]

Tha'ts fair enough a statement .. where did you hear it/source?
The decision isn't till June this year so plenty of time for string pulling ..

I can see why BV doesn't want more houses to be included in the boundary, because it'll decrease their house values .. more choice ..however, flip side is part of KV going into BV will increase the price .. ah who knows what the council will cook up ..

Still waiting on registration .. getting close to almost a year of delay ..
I heard that either from local real estate agent or Mulpha Norwest sales staff.
Have you heard any update from solicitor regarding land registration time? Would that be earlier than August?
Hello neighbours ? We are also building in this area. We did a drive by today and we have a street name - Garden View Court. That's the cul de sac next to Cedar Cutters Way. looking forward to hearing about all the builds nearby ! ?
Land is expected to be registered end of April or early May now ?
Hello Neighbours, we purchased a block of balmoral road on New Holland drive from acquire property, currently looking at custom builders and deciding what we want to build.

Drove past last week and it seems lots of progress has been made with demolishing the old farm house.

We have been given a date range for registration as anywhere from August 2017 to December 2017

Whoknowz
Hello Neighbours, we purchased a block of balmoral road on New Holland drive from acquire property, currently looking at custom builders and deciding what we want to build.

Drove past last week and it seems lots of progress has been made with demolishing the old farm house.

We have been given a date range for registration as anywhere from August 2017 to December 2017

That is good to hear. I heard the latest update is end of this year as well.
Land in Gardenview court now registered.
Yup land sold by Greenwood has now been registered, the lots next to it sold by Acquire are now under development. Apparently those will be "bella vista"? What a weird way to demarcate .. probably why they were sold for $100K more ..
I can't wait for the development of those apartments near old windsor road to start and finish .. it will be a constant chaos till that happens!
bluemetal77
Yup land sold by Greenwood has now been registered, the lots next to it sold by Acquire are now under development. Apparently those will be "bella vista"? What a weird way to demarcate .. probably why they were sold for $100K more ..
I can't wait for the development of those apartments near old windsor road to start and finish .. it will be a constant chaos till that happens!

I don't think both Greenwood and Acquire lots are within new Bella Vista boundary. Those sold by Edgewaters are in however.
hmmm... how will you read this?

Councillors passed some slight variations to the publicly exhibited plans, with the Bella Vista realignment extended to include about 80 homes in the area south of Balmoral Rd and west of Cedar Cutters Way and New Holland Drive.
West of Cedar Cutter (if you consider it extends in and forms a cul-de-sac would mean the lots sold by Acquire, anyone in New Holland's west is already included ..
Unless reading that means, it does NOT consider the Cedar Cutter extension in the cul-de-sac .. both ways, its still a weird demarcation .. why leave 1 street east of Cedar Cutter (Gardenview Court) - or why include Cedar cutter .. lol .. council politics ..
Related
2/05/2024
Brick vents to cool the structure and release heat

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Shade the brick with large eves. Since going to minimum of 600mm eaves on my build, I've noticed much improved cooling off the house after hot summer days. Can see the…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum