Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Cloverlea Estate - Chirnside Park VIC (Buying Land)

Page 99 of 106
timlangley_31
Hey does anyone know the owners of 1081 ? They are behind us, I met them earlier this year but haven't seen them since and don't think they're on the forum ( from what I've seen).

I think his name is Adrian,
Sanna
Hi Penny, don't stress, just make sure you've got insurance,by the time you move in others will be very close behind you, most site theft is building material, your builder would have insurance during the build time
next time you have someone in your site other than your own builders, ask them to leave politely and then let your builder know,
by chance did the guy on your site have a exposed large belly and a black Beenie??

That was the guy!!
Penny1070
Sanna
Hi Penny, don't stress, just make sure you've got insurance,by the time you move in others will be very close behind you, most site theft is building material, your builder would have insurance during the build time
next time you have someone in your site other than your own builders, ask them to leave politely and then let your builder know,
by chance did the guy on your site have a exposed large belly and a black Beenie??

That was the guy!!

Hi Penny,
Try contacting Astdv13 on the forum
Regards
Richard
Sanna
timlangley_31
Hey does anyone know the owners of 1081 ? They are behind us, I met them earlier this year but haven't seen them since and don't think they're on the forum ( from what I've seen).

I think his name is Adrian,
Penny1070
Sanna

That was the guy!!

Yes he's a little light fingered ,we saw him helping him self to some building material,

From what we have been told this is a common thing amongst the builders, I don't think it worth saying anything , as apparently they all do it,
I guess it's up to the individual builder to lock up there site, I notice PD have pad locks, so do Carlyle
rada_j
Penny1070
Sanna

That was the guy!!

Hi Penny,
Regards
Richard

Hi Penny,
Sorry it was late in the day, I think I replied to the wrong post. My reply above was to you looking for owners of 1081 sorry:) no harm intended...
Regards
Richard
timlangley_31

Hi Tim,
Regards
Richard
Sanna
From what we have been told this is a common thing amongst the builders, I don't think it worth saying anything , as apparently they all do it,
I guess it's up to the individual builder to lock up there site, I notice PD have pad locks, so do Carlyle

Was down there one day with Sanna & Garry and we saw my slab guys go onto another site and take a single piece of rebar. We didn't say anything because it was for my site anyway. Also because the actual guys doing the work are independant locals anyway, who knows if they're doing multiple sites anyway. Then later on I saw (via my little birdie) someone come onto my site, walk around a little bit, then take a piece of wood that was laying around (looked like a left over anyway). So hopefully I guess as long they aren't taking anything major, then it all works out in the end.
Thanks Richard will do!
I think it is pretty normal for little bits of material to go missing, let's hope nothing major does eg aircons, doors, appliances!
I work in roofing and I would say 95% of people go for gunmetal or black!
Hello! My husband and I own Lot 1102. Anyone near us started their builds yet? Keen to meet our neighbours!
Our slab was poured this morning!

Just received the builder's slab invoice - they don't muck around in that regard!
Mali02

Just received the builder's slab invoice - they don't muck around in that regard!

My site supervisor keeps telling me to expect an invoice soon, but so far I haven't received any and we're nearly finished up to frame completion. Would be interested to hear from the other Simonds people behind us (who are mostly ahead of us) if they've had any invoices yet.

Matt
Our slab was poured this morning too.
mutski
Sanna

Was down there one day with Sanna & Garry and we saw my slab guys go onto another site and take a single piece of rebar. We didn't say anything because it was for my site anyway. Also because the actual guys doing the work are independant locals anyway, who knows if they're doing multiple sites anyway. Then later on I saw (via my little birdie) someone come onto my site, walk around a little bit, then take a piece of wood that was laying around (looked like a left over anyway). So hopefully I guess as long they aren't taking anything major, then it all works out in the end.

I'm sure there is probably some tradies that are effectively stealing from other sites, but they could also be the same builder doing multiple sites. We will probably find once some places get to lock-up they will use the garage etc for storing other peoples doors and windows etc that have been delivered and are waiting to be installed on another site.
mutski
Mali02

My site supervisor keeps telling me to expect an invoice soon, but so far I haven't received any and we're nearly finished up to frame completion. Would be interested to hear from the other Simonds people behind us (who are mostly ahead of us) if they've had any invoices yet.

Matt

That's interesting! Does your contract say you have a slab payment? We have 4 or 5 payments from memory but maybe Simonds don't have as many?
Chashe
Our slab was poured this morning too.
YAY!
Hi has anyone received an invoice regarding nbn Post Contract Variation for NBN Provision
Hi all Adrian and suzie here we own lot 1081. For everyone that is trying to contact us please send us a private msg. And sorry that we haven't been on here for awhile.
Astdv13
Hi has anyone received an invoice regarding nbn Post Contract Variation for NBN Provision

I wouldn't say I've received an invoice exactly, but Simonds have charged us in our contract for NBN hookup. This includes fibre from the street into the garage termination point, and then a single ethernet & single phone connection from there into the actual house.
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum