Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

anyone buying land in officer VIC(South Siding estate)?

Page 56 of 64
NBN that's awesome. Opticom gives you less options.
Cdawn
NBN that's awesome. Opticom gives you less options.

Yesterday only i heard on radio they said that there are heaps of complain in regards to nbn
Nowuser_14
Yesterday only i heard on radio they said that there are heaps of complain in regards to nbn

It depends on which retailer you go with, and how much bandwidth the retailer has purchased from NBNCo

Read More below
"NBN Co on why you need to be careful when chosing your internet plan"
cozmicparadox
Nowuser_14

It depends on which retailer you go with, and how much bandwidth the retailer has purchased from NBNCo

Read More below
"NBN Co on why you need to be careful when chosing your internet plan"

Correct, ISP's offload the blame to NBN Co and Opticom. My best mate was getingt only 20% of the speed as his ISP didn't buy enough. That happen for over 2 months for him earlier in the year.
Are the fences still up?

I'm gonna go there tomorrow with the girls to have a look.
Fencing is still there

Went down today. There were workers working on some of the houses in stage 1 even in the rain. Some of the houses are starting to look really good.

The rain has washed away a lot of the dirt on the roads in stage 2 so it all looks nice and clean and new haha... that won't last when we are all finally building.

Hopefully titles this week guys!!

My girls woke up really late today so I didn't go afterall, thanks for the update Puddlette.
Hi, does anyone know about the street lights? I went down last week and found street lights are quite shabby comparing to ones in other estate in Officer. Just wonder whether those are temporary or not.
Thank you.
The only shabby streets lights are the ones on Princess Hwy and Station St, but that will change when the North/ South arterial is built. As for the ones in different estates, some are grey, some a green, some are black, some are silver. I personally don't like the ones in Potters Groves.

Today is 6 working days since lodgement and spear states that is generally takes 15 days for registration. I think that sometimes this week we could all be getting emails from our solicitors regarding settlement payment.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the Potter's Grove ones. They might look fancier than the usual silver ones now but they'll chip and fade and look pretty crap. Street lights aren't really a feature and the little silver ones we have are fairly unobtrusive..

I do wonder why the council allowed so many different types? It looks a bit funny because it's not all uniform...

I think the delays have kind of worked in our favour, we should have minimal rainfall when we finally start to build..

Was saying the same to my Mrs the other day. Spring coming, warm weather and day bigger all in favor. Workers start at 6, no rain and away we go.

The only bad part is the Christmas break.
Hopefully we hear good new soon!
I hope so too. As per the attached photo it should happen by 10/8/2017.
More soil test getting done and the fence is still up.

Today is 6 working days since compliance. Tomorrow we will enter the 7 to 10 days.
Spear for a plan has nothing in it.... Could in getting set for title?
Or it could be that their site is just under maintenance again..

Fingers crossed 🤞
Everything is working fine on spear except when u enter the plan number. I hope what you are saying happens...
Yep... It's only our plan that is not showing anything....

7 to 10 days for registration. It's after 5 pm so it's of 6 working days and the 7th working day tomorrow.

What ever will be will be.
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum