Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Crest at Gledswood Hills

Page 6 of 7
robinjunky
Nudge

Bought land in Crest, Gledswood hills and waiting for land settlement hopefully in June.

Going through the builders' list, how do you know who uses good quality material?
Is that the reason for the price difference between builders? Any experienced owners here?

Any recommended builders from south-west Sydney, please? Project or medium-level builders.

thank you. See you all soon

Hi Robin!

Congratulations on purchasing your land ! And it’s definitely a exciting time ahead.

Truly all project home builders are almost the same across the park. Depends on what you want. The bigger the company you go, the more overheads and a bigger price to pay.

Any ideas on wether you are looking for medium or high quality inclusions ?

Goodluck!
Modern Era Constructions
robinjunky
Nudge

Bought land in Crest, Gledswood hills and waiting for land settlement hopefully in June.

Going through the builders' list, how do you know who uses good quality material?
Is that the reason for the price difference between builders? Any experienced owners here?

Any recommended builders from south-west Sydney, please? Project or medium-level builders.

thank you. See you all soon

Hi Robin!

Congratulations on purchasing your land ! And it’s definitely a exciting time ahead.

Truly all project home builders are almost the same across the park. Depends on what you want. The bigger the company you go, the more overheads and a bigger price to pay.

Any ideas on wether you are looking for medium or high quality inclusions ?

Goodluck!

thanks for your response.

To be honest, I am not sure what is medium and high, the different builder has different medium and high range. The confusion only increases as I move from one builder to others.

I am looking for a steel frame, decent kitchen inclusion, bathroom tile till ceiling, security alarms etc.

How can I find a builder whos building quality and finish is great? Do they all use similar material?

Is the difference only in workmanship/ tradie stuff?
Hi Robyn,

I just joined the thread, hope you going well with your builder selection. I just wanted to ask you whether your land is registered yet? If so did you have any issues with bank valuation?

I have recently bought in Crest too, still waiting for it register. I am feeling a bit nervous about the valuation right now due to covid and all.

Really appreciate your input

Ross
Ross2020
Hi Robyn,

I just joined the thread, hope you going well with your builder selection. I just wanted to ask you whether your land is registered yet? If so did you have any issues with bank valuation?

I have recently bought in Crest too, still waiting for it register. I am feeling a bit nervous about the valuation right now due to covid and all.

Really appreciate your input

Ross

Hello, we didn't have any valuation issue. Our valuation was right in March and I was freaking out but it came back as same as contract price.

If you get lower valuation from your current bank approach another bank.. all the best.

See you soon at crest:)
Thanks really appreciate that. Hope ours is same too.
Ross2020
Thanks really appreciate that. Hope ours is same too.

I also recently bought at Mirvac Gledswood hills meant to be registering this September. We had few tenders from builders with granny flats ... I find that Masterton was the cheapest ...
Hi all,

We are hoping to buy a block in the crest, however there is a clause in the contract stating the build must be completed by a certain date within a years time. Has anyone had this clause in their contract and the build not been completed by the specified date? If so, what happened?
Thanks in advance

stephanievella21
Hi all,

We are hoping to buy a block in the crest, however there is a clause in the contract stating the build must be completed by a certain date within a years time. Has anyone had this clause in their contract and the build not been completed by the specified date? If so, what happened?
Thanks in advance

Yes , contract says the following “ Purchaser’s Building Work
(a) The purchaser must commence construction of a dwelling on the Land at any time after completion but not later than 12 months after the date for completion. Not sure what will happen but all I know is we will build by then.
I asked this to our sales person. He said they will enquire why if you don't build, they surely don't want multiple empty blocks in the estate specially after a year. They aren't going to fine or anything but better to raise it with your sales person.

Also ask your solicitor to ask them if they can extend it beyond 1
robinbannis
I asked this to our sales person. He said they will enquire why if you don't build, they surely don't want multiple empty blocks in the estate specially after a year. They aren't going to fine or anything but better to raise it with your sales person.

Also ask your solicitor to ask them if they can extend it beyond 1
Thanks robinbannis. We aren’t actually buying the block from Mirvac. We are buying from someone who couldn’t progress further with the build. I’m trying to get the solicitor to ask for an extension but just wondering if anyone has been in the same position and why the outcome may have been. If the solicitor can’t get an extension or the clause removed we won’t be buying the block

yes, if you have no plan to start construction in a year or so it's a good idea to get an extension. also ask what happens if they will fine you or any cost involved for breach
Cris
stephanievella21
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Yes , contract says the following “ Purchaser’s Building Work
(a) The purchaser must commence construction of a dwelling on the Land at any time after completion but not later than 12 months after the date for completion. Not sure what will happen but all I know is we will build by then.

I had asked my solicitor about this clause and he informed me that they cant actually do anything if incase you haven't started the build.
I got told October/November but then again everytime we visit there the parks are not built yet .. I guess that they have to produce to council it’s a liveble place where parks and schools does exist .. also on my contract the “ The sunset date is 6 months which means up to six months from the time the contract exchanged .. after 6 months and they have not registered it you can pull out as it states the sunset dates 6minths
I guess this what can be expected on buying off the plan.. I just have to make sure that the bank is ready because once we receive the advise that it’s registered.. it has to settled 21 days after otherwise you will get penalised if your finance is not ready .
You also have to mind your banks pre-approval as that only last 6months .. make sure that the bank is ready to send someone once it’s regsistered for land valuation as this will be important as you will know how much the bank can lend for that block
My block is 5312 the verdant drive .. I read that the park is supposed to be opening today 27/09 with cutting of ribbons and some activities .. i did have a chance to check it out
ross2020 it’s funny, because I had one solicitor say they can and another say they can’t. Too many risks we decided to not go ahead

Hi All,

I am planning to buy house and land package from Mirvac in Crest. Before I proceed, i just wanted to get some reviews from people in this forum who are already living there or have recently booked about their experience.

I will have to travel to Sydney, CBD for work, just thinking if its too far or manageable based on the public transport availability in that area. How is the community etc. Any feedback would be appreciated.
anurag.vashist
Hi All,

I am planning to buy house and land package from Mirvac in Crest. Before I proceed, i just wanted to get some reviews from people in this forum who are already living there or have recently booked about their experience.

I will have to travel to Sydney, CBD for work, just thinking if its too far or manageable based on the public transport availability in that area. How is the community etc. Any feedback would be appreciated.

There’s no train line areound gledswoodhill but bus — the closest probably Leppington or Edmondson park — they are pretty good stations brand new -/ I do travel via Edmondson station to Parramatta which is a straight train -/ takes 45 minutes possible and hour to the City but count your travel to the station as well
Our plans are to buy in the leppington or Gledswood Hills area too. We’ve moved to Leppington for the mean time and I drive to leppington station, takes about 7 minutes and 10 minutes from Gledswood Hills. I catch the train to St James but pretty much from door to door it takes me an hour and twenty minutes. I hope that helpa

Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum