Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Pool placement with easements and fences.

Page 1 of 1

Hi we have decided we'd like to put a pool in and are trying to figure out placement. We'd like it to run straight off our alfresco area. I've edited our site plan roughly with it to the side which at this stage is our preference to place it however their is an easement running down the side. Hoping to get a 7m x 4m.

Also how much space around the pool is usually needed (between pool and fence) or is this personal preference? At one end i would love enough room for a couple of deck chairs or cabana.
You will need additional Peri g on the house if you want it that close. They suggested that without additional pairing 2.5-3m is about the closest it should go. Ours us about 2.5m from alfresco. I will put some pics below so you can get an idea of space around. To us it is perfect. PS. Mind the different stages of fence painting. Lol

I would also think k that you cannot build over the easement, including concreting and pavement so may be wise to move it over a little to avoid that.

You can ask for a permission to build over an easement, talk to the council or your water authority (depending whether it is stormwater or sewerage easement). People have built over easement but you will have to sign indemnity so if ever they need to dig up your paving it will be your loss.
Its better to try to avoid building over the easement but equally there is no sense in getting second best layout if better can be achieved with a bit of legwork.
Ok so I think I’ve figured it out I drew our block and house to scale and because of the easement it will fit much better off the end. But our fences are farm fences so it’d be pool fence the 1m then boundary fence. Not too sure if there are any other hurdles because of boundary fence style.
The designs of pool shared above is beautiful. I think along with this you can also install glass pool fencing for the safety purpose.
Related
21/02/2024
BOUNDARY FENCES: Timber Lapped and Capped OR Colorbond?

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Our boundary perimeter fences need replacing (3 sides). From everyone's experience, what would you install? Timber lapped and capped OR colorbond? Thank you.

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

10/09/2023
Laundry door placement v split level stairs

Windows & Doors

Move your linen into laundry and access laundry from your present linen space

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum