Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Barrier Reef Pools?

Page 1 of 3
We are currently getting quotes on pools in NSW Lake Macquarie area.

My husband has talked to a few people about Barrier Reef Pools- they have an excellent reputation for installs in our area (even recommended by a private certifier as being A+) but when you google them, there is quite a few reviews on product review commenting on the quality of the pool shell- the gel coating fading and cracking appearing after a few years. This is making me uneasy...

Does anyone have a pool 5 years+ on with them and are happy??
I know 4 people who have installed them and are so happy with everything.

Don't they have a 15 year warranty or something?
jhiace
I know 4 people who have installed them and are so happy with everything.

Don't they have a 15 year warranty or something?

Yes they have a warranty, but that was the problem I read about, they weren't honouring it.
All good, we decided to go with tranquility pools at Belmont who were competitively priced.

I've never understood someone not honoring warranty or the consumer worrying about it... NSW Fair trading sets VERY clear laws, if they don't follow it you win!
Yep well go onto product review and check it out. It looks like the company is doing everything they can to avoid responsibility. I'd rather not take the chance.

Just had a read... seems like it is all relating to records of water quality... is this not something all pool
Manufacturers require for warranty? They definitely do come across a bit arrogant in their responses to people but
How have you found Tranquility Lozza? I am booking them in for a quote...
Ohh how interesting. I just came on to look up pool heaters as we went to Barrier Reef Pools at Heatherbrea today to follow up on a quote they gave us. I haven't approached Tranquility Pools yet, I'll look them up now.

Which pool did you get Loz? Will you post info on your page?

Jhiace - are you in newcastle area too?
Yeah Cat I am.... our dealing with barrier reef to date have been exceptional...
That's great to hear Jhiace. We're looking at the 5.5 Caprice. Trying to find one this size with a bench seat the whole way along the long side, but also has a deep end.

What one are you looking to get?

I agree, they've been terrific to deal with so far. So have Coastline Pools who is the only other company we've approached so far. Barrier reef were just cheaper. I'm going to email Leisure Pools now as I've just found they have a similar style pool which I'm keen to get a price comparison on.
Don't go near Leisure pools (the guy at Thornton, but moving)... he's got quite a reputation...

We were looking at the billabong, we want a smaller pool to run off the back deck
Ohh thanks for the heaps up.

We got out first quote on the 4.2 billabong. I love it. But DH decided today he wanted a slightly bigger one. Sadly the 6.2 is a bit squishy for where we want to put it, so moved over to the 5.5 Caprice, which is quite similar!

Have you got a thread you're posting your pool install on?
Was that 6.2 x 2.8? That's what we wanted... nah I don't have a thread... I'd forget to update it anyways trying to get the lawns finished... have you got a thread?
jhiace
How have you found Tranquility Lozza? I am booking them in for a quote...

I have found them great so far. Very upfront about their pricing and what is included etc. Great communication. They have been manufacturing pools for a long time and alot of other places sell their pools also which is reassuring. They will do an email quote first, then if still interested they will come out and do a site inspection to confirm access etc and confirm a contract price.
Our second price was actually cheaper than the first as he threw in a couple of extra's for us.

That's good to hear... they sound similar to barrier reef in every way... have you inquired about their warranty?
cat_dunc
Ohh how interesting. I just came on to look up pool heaters as we went to Barrier Reef Pools at Heatherbrea today to follow up on a quote they gave us. I haven't approached Tranquility Pools yet, I'll look them up now.

Which pool did you get Loz? Will you post info on your page?

Jhiace - are you in newcastle area too?

We were looking at either the Cosmo 6 or Resort 6. Or even stretching it to Nova 7. The prices are all the same for the size metre range no matter which pool you choose.
But when he came out for the site visit, he showed us a new one, the Oasis 6 which isnt on their website yet and that suited the space we have perfectly.
I will update my thread on all of this when I get a chance, just been slack

Ahhh that's great. The oasis 6 may be perfect for what we want too! Just depends how far that step out it but it looks great... what sort of pricing did they first offer up for the 6m range?
jhiace
That's good to hear... they sound similar to barrier reef in every way... have you inquired about their warranty?

25 years structural. Cant find any negative feedback on their quality.
I was told by the private certifier that they have a good reputation like barrier reef for install too.
I think you will find the prices quite similar, I guess it comes down to if they have the style/size of pool you are after.

jhiace
Ahhh that's great. The oasis 6 may be perfect for what we want too! Just depends how far that step out it but it looks great... what sort of pricing did they first offer up for the 6m range?

Step out is 400.
Quote is broken down into pool & equipment, install and extras. I'll msg it to you if u like.

That would be great! Thank you.
Related
18/09/2023
Barrier reef pool fading

Pools & Spas

Hi, I had a barrier reef pool installed less that 2 years ago and the gel coat is already fading. The colour is electric grey shimmer which isn’t available…

30/10/2023
We need Structural Engineers' advice on Driveway Barrier

Building A New House

I’m not a structural engineer but I’m free. you still need an engineer for the plans. I only have part of your plans, but you seem to have a 850mm drop from the side…

1/04/2024
How to repair old pine log fence/barrier?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I have an old fence/barrier made of treated pine logs bolted to plates and these are bolted to very large metal posts/girders. The plates and bolts are rusted through…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum