Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Waterline POOL tiles/mosaics

Page 1 of 1
We will be getting a fibre glass pool with a raised spa attached to the pool (See photo) BLUE AGATE colour - which is like a sky blue....and need to put waterline tiles/mosaic just under and around the rasied spa.HiHelp

We will be getting a fibre glass pool with a raised spa attached to the pool (See photo) BLUE AGATE colour - which is like a sky blue....and need to put waterline tiles/mosaic just under and around the rasied spa.kkkkkkkk

My question is....Should i go with a sky blue pearl mosaic or black mosaic with silver and gold pearl metalics thru it?? Also have attached photos below....Please HELP!
PS - GOING FOR A MODERN LOOK

My question is....Should i go with a sky blue pearl mosaic or black mosaic with silver and gold pearl metalics thru it?? Also have attached photos below....Please HELP!We will be getting a fibre glass pool with a raised spa attached to the pool (See photo) BLUE AGATE colour - which is like a sky blue....and need to put waterline tiles/mosaic just under and around the rasied spa.
My question is....Should i go with a sky blue pearl mosaic or black mosaic with silver and gold pearl metalics thru it?? Also have attached photos below....Please HELP!

w

My preference with fibreglass is to try to blend in with pool colour .
Make sure a silicone based adisive and grout is used . Normal tile adisive will result in tiles falling off

Thanks...but a lot of people are saying to think outside the box and go with the black mosaic with the silver and gold in them..apparantly it looks stunning......I'm so lost!

Example....

It is totally a personal choice for you to make . It will look good regardless of tiles .
I have attached another pic were we used a darker tile on a blue pool . I wasn't overly keen on the finish . The pictures you showed were with a pebblecrete type finish which contrasts those tiles . I don't think you get the same effect Wilton a dark blue pool
Cheers

wheeliworks

It is totally a personal choice for you to make . It will look good regardless of tiles .
I have attached another pic were we used a darker tile on a blue pool . I wasn't overly keen on the finish . The pictures you showed were with a pebblecrete type finish which contrasts those tiles . I don't think you get the same effect Wilton a dark blue pool
Cheers

Hi there,

You seem to have a good handle on the fibreglass pool waterline tiles. We are looking for someone to do this work for us in Sydney and I think on an earlier post you mentioned you had a recommendation? We had problems when the pool was installed as the tiler did not do proper prep and did the whole job in one day (prep, laying, grouting). Needless to say they started to fall off so we have now removed everything and are ready to go (with someone more experienced/better quality..)
Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

13/08/2023
In-ground pool lining

Pools & Spas

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this post correctly. Please advise if it's not. I've just bought my place. The inground pool has a marble lining that has…

25/01/2024
Plants for Pool in Melbourne

Landscape & Garden Design

Murraya could be a great option for you. It creates a great tall screening hedge but doesn't drop fruit like lily pilly. The flowers smell divine.

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum