Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Need some help / comments on pool renovation

Page 1 of 1
Hello Guys,

We have bought a property couple of years before which has big pool in backyard. Initially we thought we will manage it but now it seems kids are not using it fully and we are now also unable to manage this big pool. So thinking to renovate it by down sizing it.

Current :

Our Idea :

NOTE : skimmer, main drain, return line are in back part of the pool which I removed in above image.

(1) Can you please give your feedback on the new design (down sized) pool?
(2) If we have to down-size the pool, do you propose any other design (would like to keep the final cost as less as possible).
(3) Just to get an rough idea, how much this type of job will cost appro?
(4) Any recommended pool renovator or services guys to do this job?

Thanks
Anna and Mark
Hi,

I assume this is a concrete pool.

I am no expert by any stretch but I know to re-tile an existing concrete 9mx4m pool costs about $10,000.

Therefore, should you require engineering plans, council approval, excavation, concrete form work, plumbing relocation, tiling/surface refinishing, I would expect it to cost somewhere in the ballpark of $20,000

I am currently building a pool from scratch.

I am subcontracting all the bits to save some ca$h.

So far.
Architectural design $free (I drew it myself)
Engineering Plans $400
Council Application $400
Hole dig / Excavation of a 8.0 x 3.3m hole $5,000
Buy Steel reo $3,500
Steel fixers labour $3,500
Plumber first fix only $2,500
Spray Concrete labour 3,500
Concrete pump $800
20m3 of Boral MPA40 strength concrete @ $270m3 = $5,400

All up at the level of a LARGE concrete bird bath, $25,000

Good luck,
Andrew

My Concrete Pool Build in SA
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=73509
Pretty neat pool downsizing. How old are your kids? Make sure that you include a wading area for kids to go in safely if you have toddlers and little ones. That geometrical side can be your wading area or entry area for the kids.
If kids are not using it, why go to the expense of creating a whole new pool?
This is a 4m fg pool inside a 11m rooftop . The rest of old pool is sunken lounge

Related
25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

28/04/2024
Need some front yard ideas!

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Need some ideas for my front yard. There are a few elements where the landscaping needs to take into account: There is a slight slope forward with steps going to…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum