Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

DIY pool - have you installed one?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are looking at getting a small plunge pool and found DIY pools as an option, you buy the shell and install - such as www.diypoolsaustralia.com.au/

Has anyone installed their own pool OR is this a recipe for disaster?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Cheers
justy
Hi all,

We are looking at getting a small plunge pool and found DIY pools as an option, you buy the shell and install - such as http://www.diypoolsaustralia.com.au/

Cheers

This is another of those - "no reason why you can't" threads ...

Depending on size - you'd need to have the right gear - ie the lift and placement - alone - can be hard. All the other work is do-able I'd say - but its not something I'd do ...

You'd also need to check on council requirements etc etc.
Saint Mike
justy
Hi all,

We are looking at getting a small plunge pool and found DIY pools as an option, you buy the shell and install - such as http://www.diypoolsaustralia.com.au/

Cheers

This is another of those - "no reason why you can't" threads ...

Depending on size - you'd need to have the right gear - ie the lift and placement - alone - can be hard. All the other work is do-able I'd say - but its not something I'd do ...

You'd also need to check on council requirements etc etc.

Thanks Saint Mike! Because we are only looking at a 5x3 I'm doing some research anyway. If it was any larger and I'd say NO WAY. But at the risk of stuffing it up I think we might get a professional to do it - just to be safe.
Related
4/09/2023
Newly Installed Aircon Not Sitting Flush with the Wall

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The unit normally clips into a metal plate screwed to the wall, either plate is not flush, or unit not hooked in and could be hanging from the pipes partly, either might…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum