Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Modular or Fibreglass - Classic Pools & Saphire.

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

need advice please. What is the general thoughts behind a modular pool. Classic pools is able to give me a modular pool with stell lining 15mx3mx1.8m above ground put in ground for 20K but I am just a bit worried about modular pools, are they ok?

Saphire pools are giving me 10.6mx3m fibre one for 25K

Just stuck no idea if modular any good?

Any classic pools people? Modular pools?
We did this at our last home. Ours wasn't a classic pool it was a zodiac pool. We had one with a deep end. It was great, we really enjoyed it, had solar heating also so got heaps of use out of it. The price was the decider for us at the time. If you are after a pool and have a small budget it is well worth it but we have gone for a fibreglass pool this time. Whilst it saved us heaps of money, we had lots of problems with holes in the liner. We were super careful but still got leaks. $20 000 sounds like a good price for such a large pool. We paid the same for ours to be installed in 2006 ( 8m x 4m)Good luck with your decision.
geez the word leaks is now scarring me.

How much leaks? How much did it cost to fix the leaks?

Regards
I think from memory it leaked about 3 times. The first time was through the light, we had an underwater light in the side wall of the pool. The second time was a small hole in the bottom of the pool, that was patched. These were patched by the supplier and didn't cost us anything as it was within the warranty period. The third time was another larger hole and we patched it ourselves. Repair kits are available at pool shops and patches can be put on whilst the water is still in the pool. The worst thing about the leaks was that the sand under the pool was washed away. It created a depression under the liner that was really obvious from outside the pool and a real nusiance in the pool and can't be fixed without emptying the pool and removing the liner. This is why we opted for the fibreglass pool the second time around!
will try modular for now.

Regards
Is stainless steel liner good?

Thats what I am being offered. Does that reduce the likelihood of holes.

Regards
I don't know anything about a stainless steel liner for above ground pools, it sure sounds sturdy. Ours was a rubber liner and therefore prone to holes!
We bought a pool from Classic almost 6 months ago and all we have is a hole in the ground, a pool we can't use and a very bad experience. Once we paid our money Classic treated us like something they had stepped in, be very careful.
Dave72
We bought a pool from Classic almost 6 months ago and all we have is a hole in the ground, a pool we can't use and a very bad experience. Once we paid our money Classic treated us like something they had stepped in, be very careful.

Hi Dave 72
what state are you in
Dave 72 it seems we have a similar problem
Can the people who have said that they've had bad experiences with Classic Pools pls stipulate what state you're in and also elaborate on the problems as we're considering getting an inground above ground pool through Classic to save money on concrete or fibreglass so any feedback, good or bad, would be much appreciated, thx.
Hi you are welcome to PM for more information however there's nothing good to tell you other than save your money and buy a fiberglass or concrete pool
Related
13/06/2023
Sound Proof Modular Fence recommendations

Outdoor Living

Hi We have a road close to our place and only an old flimsy wooden fence between us and the Neighbour closest to the road. Any ideas on a sound proof modular fence. Like…

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum