Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Cost to install fibreglass pool

Page 1 of 1
Hello, team. I have received a quote to install a 4x8m fibreglass pool. The quote includes the relevant permits, excavation, removal of soil, pouring of a concrete beam around the pool and the connection of filtration/heating. It does NOT include any equipment, including the pool shell, filter, heater, additional concrete around the pool, fencing, paving or cover.

The quote is $20,000. Does this sound reasonable? I'm new to this!

Many thanks for any input.
I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Alot of people are getting fibreglass pools for around the 25K mark...and that includes everything you mentioned plus equipment (pump, filter, chlorinator etc.)

May I ask who you're looking at going through and where are you based?
Hello, just to be clear, that $20K does NOT include the actual pool or any equipment. That's just excavation and installation as explained above.

I'd rather not mention the provider at this stage if you don't mind as it's an unusual situation.
Sorry, I mis-read your first post.

Given that it doesn't include the pool shell, I'd say it's fairly expensive.

If you shop around you'll find you should be able to get a fibreglass pool installed (including shell, excavation, backfill, coping, equipment) for under 30K.

I recently signed a contract for approx. 25K and that included all the above plus more (lights, water feature etc.)

So to pay 20K (without pool shell) is not good in my opinion.

Unless you're going through this person/company for a specific reason, I'd say look elsewhere.
...unless you're getting an absolutely fabulous deal on a pool shell and equipment?????

I would have thought you'd be looking at least 15,000 for a pool shell though. And then another 5,000 for equipment.
Thanks, guys.

I probably should have explained that I actually won the pool and equipment in a competition.

The actual installation was not included. The quote I got for installation ($20K) included delivery, permits and installation with a concrete beam. The quote did NOT include removing soil, concreting the pool surround or electrics.

It seemed very
way, way over priced. Shop around or maybe go owner bulder and employ a project manager / pool builder to supervise.
Have a look at this thread.... particularly the post from house-to-be. She bought a fibreglass pool in kit form and then arranged the installation herself. So, in effect the position you're in. Hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23972&hilit=pool
Related
31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

4/03/2024
Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

General Discussion

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company. The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support. …

26/08/2023
Leftover Materials - Supply and Install

Building A New House

That's a fantastic result! Happy you got it sorted out. cheers Simeon

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum