Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Advice for landscaping around an existing pool

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, im helping out some friends with their backyard landscape design
Just need some advice if possible and hopefully avoid a lengthy call (on hold) with Melbourne Water.

my friends have a rectangular pool with spatial constraints on 3/4 sides.
less than 1m from the property boundary (5m high conifer hedge with only 0.5m offset from the edge of the pool)
less than 2m from a Melbourne Water easement to the back of the yard
less than 2m away from the house

my questions are:

1. What are the restrictions for building near an MW easement? the MW website says 2m offset and no permanent heavy buildings near it... I assume some paving would be ok..?

2. If the pool fence wraps behind the paving and over the MW easement would that be an issue with MW?

3. The pool next to the property boundary and close to house - is that compliance with the council usually?

4. If I were to specify a glass pool fence product (fgpf.com.au) is it realistic to expect a good result from the landscape contractor to install as per the manufacturers specifications, or should I just get the same pool fence company to install it?

any comments are greatly appreciated! thanks in advance - ill repay with comments to other people's questions in this awesome website - or if you have any landscape architecture-related queries let me know
Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum