Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Pool fence safety requirement

Page 1 of 1
Good day,

I have had a pool installed and the no climb zone safety requirement is confusing me.

The pump station is against a 1.8m high boundary fence inside the pool area. Reading the information below from the SPASA website I am wondering if a fillet at the top of the fence will make this complaint or I need to put an enclosure around the pump station.

Climbable objects or surfaces should not encroach on the 900mm non climbable zone on the inside of Boundary Fences (1.8m). If a Horizontal Surface is located within the NCZ then a fillet is an acceptable solution which would rectify the problem

For the water tank, is this considered a climbing risk? Do I need to put up a screen.

Note, all this is inside the pool area protected by a compliant fence.

Photos to show areas in question.

Thank you.

Best option is to get to engage a pool fence certifier now. They will tell you the best option in their opinion to make the fence comply. We have a had a couple of inspectors, normally you pay for the first visit and send photos as proof the concerns were fixed

Related
3/04/2024
Front setback minimum requirement for battleaxe plot

General Discussion

Thanks Draftroom that definitely helps a heap. We are still at the very early stage of planning to see what kind of house would fit on our plot. While we are on a…

13/02/2024
Safety screens! Worth them?

Safer Living

Hi everyone. I am a single mother with little daughter, living in a small tourist town in WA Australia. I am thinking to install security screens to all the doors and…

13/06/2023
Sound Proof Modular Fence recommendations

Outdoor Living

Hi We have a road close to our place and only an old flimsy wooden fence between us and the Neighbour closest to the road. Any ideas on a sound proof modular fence. Like…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum