Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Window splashback or tiled/glass

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I liked the window splashback idea for lighting/view.
However, our house will have only 0.9m(which is completely easement space) from fencing to kitchen.

Is it worth having window splashback close to fencing? Cant have plants here to cover fencing view due to the easement.

I can only think of some creepers along window side which would add some view( but can’t get rid of fencing view completely)

Any suggestions? Or should I switch back to tiled/mirror splashback?
What's the situation around the rest of your kitchen in terms of natural lighting?

I would personally go with the window splashback just because I feel it makes a kitchen seem much more open and inviting.

I am using a grey mirror splashback but would definitely have gone with the window if the kitchen was backing onto an outside wall, regardless of the view.
aplacetocallhome
What's the situation around the rest of your kitchen in terms of natural lighting?

I would personally go with the window splashback just because I feel it makes a kitchen seem much more open and inviting.

I am using a grey mirror splashback but would definitely have gone with the window if the kitchen was backing onto an outside wall, regardless of the view.

Each to their own. I do like window splash backs when they are looking on to a garden, but they hold no appeal when your only view is a colorbond fence. I just don’t see the point.
Hi Velma,

We once saw this during an open home and they had attached some fake greenery/plants to the fence. It looked really good and has inspired us to do the same with our new build currently underway - same 1m gap to fence.

Looking out the glass it gives some depth and openness - you aren't really staring at the actual greenery but it gave the kitchen a nice feel.

I think that fake plant stuff can be quite expensive though so will have to shop around.
Simply add a vertical garden pot set up onto the fence. Its narrow and will give you a great view. If its a shaded area use plants like ferns n succulents. Natural light can not be beaten or replicated
Related
26/01/2024
Ensuite window on facade:is opaque glass mandatory?

Windows & Doors

ecoeco. tried to send a PM to you but it just sits in my outbox. Can you PM me?

1/03/2024
Window glass replacement

General Discussion

just get some local quotes pal

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum