Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Splashback behind/above sink regulations

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know what the regulations are about splashback above sink. We have a window 200mm above sink and have been told that the standard requires 200mm of splashback so we can't have the architrave around bottom of window. Is this correct??
We aren't having splashback behind our sink. Our bench is being extended out to our window and the window will appear to "sit" on the bench

Mrs_W
We aren't having splashback behind our sink. Our bench is being extended out to our window and the window will appear to "sit" on the bench

We are in Vic if that makes a difference.

Yeah ok - I suppose the window creates the splashback. I'm wanting to have a row of tiles and then our decorative architrave around bottom of window but apparently I have to have 200mm of tile splashback before the architrave and I haven't got enough room! So trying to work out if that is the regulations.

see you have chosen caeserstone? What did you choose? 😊
Yes, we're having caeserstone. I'm terrible with the names of colours, but its white. Rest of the house will be 50 shades of greige.

Oops, hit send. This is a photo of the display so that's what it will look like.

So many silly little regulations when building a house. I'm sure some of the "regulations" are just a case of the cbf's.

Very nice! I'm picking paint colours atm so our house is currently 50 shades of white 😬😅 I love the white stone, i've chosen caeserstone fresh concrete which is a white/grey but Matt finish.
I love the concrete benchtop look but that was an upgrade and we had to draw the line somewhere. Our frame has just been finished so I'm very excited to see my external colour selections coming together in the coming weeks.

We are doing exactly the same and were told the same bs. If the ceaserstone bench abuts against the window which is square set the is no where for the water to go. Please find photo from pd display home that we used to prove our piont

Related
13/04/2024
Regulations for shower over bath

General Discussion

You need to reference the manufactures installation guide, your supplier may have strengthened the base where it is not required to sit on a bed.

14/03/2024
Junk left behind in an old house

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Hi, just discovered all these junks left behind under the floor. Could any of these be asbestos? Best to leave as it is or clean up? Thank you for your thoughts

4/05/2024
Thickening a wall with two different types of walls behind

General Discussion

I might be misunderstanding.... but I would be more inclined to cut a section out from the cinder block wall and place the cistern in the cinder block wall. Very messy job…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum