Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Clear Glass Splashback Over Brick Pattern Wallpaper

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We're in the early stages of construction and decided this is the route we want to take...Took a LOT of negotiation with our builder, but they finally agreed - As long as we organised it ourselves and they would give the glazier site access to install....Really didn't think it would be this much drama to be honest....

I've seen it done in magazines, Pinterest and I think on one of the reno shows on tv last year, but wondering if anyone on here has successfully completed similar???

If it was in NSW (Sydney Metro) be interested in who you used and your experience as well....

Any pics you get brownie points

Cheers

Gaz
We are have a glass splash back but with paint behind it. Any colour we like. I imagine we could've had wallpaper if we wanted. Our builder is doing it and using star fire (sp?) glass.

No pics as of yet.

Interested in how your builder is installing it...A couple of options provided to us by various kitchen companies are:

Glued border
Framed border (timber)
Round metal brackets (hole in each corner of glass) - Glass can be removed for cleaning etc

Cheers

Gaz
I have no idea, but here is a photo from the display.

Mrs_W
I have no idea, but here is a photo from the display.

Related
11/02/2024
Replicate render scratch pattern

General Discussion

Generally, the texture that you listed will have a 2mm size stone chip in it which is dragged with float to give the lines Any patch work needs to be 2mm less than face…

23/02/2024
Councils over interpreting brick covenant?

Building A New House

I recently hit a snag with my new build with Metricon. On the block I purchased there is an old covenant when the land was subdivided in 1971 that "the exterior walls of…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum