Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Glass splashback behind rangehood?

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys!
Has anyone got a glass splashback that runs up behind their rangehood? My builder is saying it can't be done... but I've seen pictures on the internet and know it can! Advice, and/or pics please!!!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
You seem to be pretty keen on the glass/mirror splash back option and I agree they look amazing. Just remember that if it gets a crack, chip or any damage they have to replace the entire piece which is generally >$4000. They look amazing but can be super risky

You've probably already made up your mind though
Yap... I have got it. Its an upgrade though. My home is still under construction so can't share any photo.

We're getting it, but haven't even got a slab yet so no pics. We are getting star fire glass and they are painting the colour behind the glass.

Bridgetwitch
Hi guys!
Has anyone got a glass splashback that runs up behind their rangehood? My builder is saying it can't be done... but I've seen pictures on the internet and know it can! Advice, and/or pics please!!!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Yes it can be done. I am currently renting, and it has the glass splashback running up behind the canopy rangehood.
Yes have also and no problem, it's esay to do for glass Splashback tradesman.

It was a $990 upgrade for us, we chose to have a laminate panel surround instead (same as the kitchen overhead cabinets), was about $500.

Building Monte Carlo 40- Wisdom homes
I have a window splashback.
Can definitely be done!

We were going to do this and have seen photos which look great, but our builder (Dennis Family Homes) told us it would be a 2 piece fit with them and the join would visible, which we don't want.
Have gone for a whole row of gloss cabinets with glass splash back below instead.
Related
14/03/2024
Junk left behind in an old house

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Hi, just discovered all these junks left behind under the floor. Could any of these be asbestos? Best to leave as it is or clean up? Thank you for your thoughts

4/05/2024
Thickening a wall with two different types of walls behind

General Discussion

I might be misunderstanding.... but I would be more inclined to cut a section out from the cinder block wall and place the cistern in the cinder block wall. Very messy job…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum