Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Marble inspired splashbacks - please help!!!

Page 1 of 1
Hi just wondering if anyone has some marble inspired splashbacks like to share?

My kitchen layout is inspired from http://becmarksthespot.com.au/read/249-Inside+my+home+~+The+Kitchen.htm

Our selections so far are Caeserstone Snow benches and Polytec Classic White for the cabinetry.

I was looking at Caeserstone Calacatta Nuvo as the colour base of Snow is the same as Nuvo. But $$$.

I had thought of tiles, for a change of glass. I had seen this online, Southern Cross Ceramics, and liked it, now feeling unsure.

Here are the tiles with my samples

For anyone watching The Block, Julia and Sasha used the same tiles in their bathroom, powder and laundry but different shapes.

But it looks more grey than what I was expecting but might be the photography? The girls also used Snow as their laundry bench.

I also saw some 600x600 tiles but would love to know if anyone has done something similar and would be able to share pics on how it turned out.

Please help, I can't seem to make a decision
being an all white kitchen just want to add something with a bit of texture and interest.

Thanks

I too love those tiles, I had them on my inspired board on Pinterest but hubby wasn't a fan
he has simple taste for our home.
This was my pic I had anyway -

Ha funnily enough my husband likes it and thinks I'm mad to considering changing it.

I just wasn't sure if it was too classic as house is probably more contemporary?

We are having oak laminate floors and Dulux Natural White walls. Also the Dorf Vixen tap
http://www.dorf.com.au/products/mixer-taps/vixen/vixen-retractable-sink-mixer-black

Not sure on pendants as yet.

Love that tap too. You have great taste

Thank you
hopefully it all comes together ok! Most of our other choices for the house have been pretty classic, hopefully not too boring lol!!

I think the tiles you have included photos of are beautiful. We too have a very white (some would say plain!) kitchen and we have tiles that are off white pale greyish tiles as I could not work out what I want and what the rest of the family and meals will end up like. We too have similar warm toned floorings going in like you. I figured in future I can decide. But those ones are lovely. If they weren't grey looking what would they be? Do it!
Thank you @zoeperth, I think I am feeling more confident about it. Going to have a good look around on Instagram and Pinterest tonight.

Watch this space

Related
18/12/2023
Marble Tiling Issues

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi All, This is my first bathroom Reno and tiler has just finished installing marble tiles…only problem is they don’t look right? There are holes in the grout, really…

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum