Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Splashback to go with wood/pine cabinets?

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

We want our kitchen cabinets to match our vinyl laminate flooring so it all ties in together.

I'm a bit stuck on what kind of splash back would look ok with this though?

I found these pics with a marble splash back which I quite like and have seen some marble style tiles we could use. Any other ideas? I don't think we can do glass as it's not in our budget.

Surely marble is more expensive than glass? Cheapest option would be tiles, maybe just textured white ones (nothing too eye catching).
We wanted the same effect so went with Arlington Oak cabinets and Wheat colored Q Flooring Loose Lay from TSV Carpet Court. We got it reduced to $70 sqm from $79. Its one of their most popular vinyl planks and they recommended it over Karndean. We were concerned that the kitchen units would clash with the floor. We have opted for a tiled splashback as weve seen so many glass etc. Its a tail fin shaped brass coloured tail. Its on my thread.

townsvillebuyer

That's beautiful!! I just went through your whole thread today actually. Gosh what a mission you have been having with your broker and everything.

Must be so excited things are almost happening!

We are building with Grady and they just advised me the planking is carpet court and we have the Armstrong / Hanwood range in our tender. (I wasn't happy with the sample she showed me for the planking it was very yellow so I want to go and see what else we can get)

So that's a different line to what you have isn't it?

Also I saw your inspiration is the MC display home. Ours too! However we decided not to go with them.

Yep it was a mixture between GJ and MC we went for. Loved the MC flooring. Our flooring is different to yours but prob not too much more. I don't know what budget per sqm Grady are offering. We ended up with a seperate bill to the carpet place as we upgraded by $5 psqm on vinyl and nice plush carpet to master and lounge room.

townsvillebuyer
Yep it was a mixture between GJ and MC we went for. Loved the MC flooring. Our flooring is different to yours but prob not too much more. I don't know what budget per sqm Grady are offering. We ended up with a seperate bill to the carpet place as we upgraded by $5 psqm on vinyl and nice plush carpet to master and lounge room.

They said $77/sqm apparently that includes install? So I will go and have a look on Wednesday and see what I can get.

Our flooring

townsvillebuyer
Our flooring

Yes that's beautiful! Just what we are after as well.

haha that MC house has a lot to answer for haha.

townsvillebuyer
haha that MC house has a lot to answer for haha.

Yep lol! No denying it's a beautiful display home.

Oh I also just posted in my thread the elevations so you can see the window sizes.

Related
7/08/2023
MGP10 pine for an island

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you going to have the frame exposed or are you cladding it with something. Usually if you are making an exposed frame you would use solid legs around 100x100 or…

8/09/2023
H2 Blue Pine

Bugs & Suggestions

I’m just in the process of replacing 2 stud walls that have been severely damaged by termites and am planning to use h2 blue pine. I just wanted to if anyone can advise…

2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum