Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

What splashback color is elegant?

Page 1 of 1
Hi! I've been thinking about my soon-to-be kitchen. Since I'm a very safe person with color, I chose a clear starfire splashback. I am thinking...what if I change the color to something more than clear. I want it have a touch of elegance

Here's my colour selection for my kitchen:
ceasar stone latte
cabinet panels/ drawers laminate espresso ligna 273 horizontal grain
overhead cabinets laminate Acorn 445
wall colour pearl sheen by Bristol P003L5

I'll be having either Sydney Blue Gum or solid suede colour Bamboo flooring.

cheers,
Hannah
There are some lovely metalic colours around at the moment, but not sure what colour would best work with your colour scheme. (As I'm having a white kitchen - it is easier for me to add pretty much any colour spashback ).
Sorry I couldn't help more.
Hi acm2269,

If you do a forum search on splashback you shouel get quite a few threads talking about this, with lots of pictures attached.

Hope it helps. Colour choosing can be very daunting can't it!
donuts
Hi Hannah - do you mean clear, or white? I didn't know they could do it clear!As you've got other colours (and the Espreso Ligne is very dark), I'd be tempted to stick with clear/white, which will look nice and bright against the other colours. Or check out Toni's PD blog "House To Be" which is listed in the blogs section. She's having a beautiful latte colour. It's all really hard, isn't it?! All the best, and the above is just my opinion, I'm not an interior designer, I just love that part of it all!!! Also, maybe ask Michelle in her part of the forum. Good luck!
Hi Petal,

Its simply clear. I'm with you that since the espresso is already dark, I prefer the splashback to be neutral. It will take the color of my wall which is pearl sheen.
I do hope to hear from Michelle

cheers,
Hannah
Hi Hannah
I wonder if you need to ask Michelle in her design part of the forum? So, is the starfire clear just having the green taken out of the glass? I'm having white starfire splashback (and Espresso Ligna somewhere else,in the built in cabinetry which is why I know how dark it is!
)
Hi Petal,

I've posted this in Michelle's forum,too. She did gave me a very nice feedback ,too.

Yeah, the espresso ligna is really dark, thus, I have to use a very light color -Acorn for my overhead cabinets. I chose the clear starfire - w/c will take the color of the wall,pearly sheen- as that is the most neutral tone I can get.
I did the espresso ligna in horizontal grain. That would trick the cabinets look to wider giving a sense of symmetrical flow to the kitchen as my side benchtop is L-shaped. That's additional charge as they normally have it in vertical grain.
We're done with frame stage and roof is coming next week. I am enjoying it, really! There'll be glitches along the way, but, its part of the thrill. My supervisor calls me on a weekly basis to update.! Can't dig it at first after what I've heard from friends who's done the process.

cheers,
Hannah
Related
4/10/2023
Roof and Garage color

Building A New House

I would probably definitely consider contrasting out garage door (e.g. light ash would look great) and make downpipes and fascia same colour as your walls, not as your…

12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

3/02/2024
Color Thoughts | Renovators Delight

Finishing Touch

Were struck with: Colorbond Ironstone Grey roof and cream windows. What color should we render and paint the garage door to tone down the cream windows? Farm House, will…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum