Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Choosing a splashback for our kitchen

Page 1 of 1
We designed and put together our own kitchen about 10 months ago.....I was here back 10 months ago collecting ideas and reporting back of how we went

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50161&start=20

We decided to sit with the kitchen, before we decided on a splashback and lighting, so we knew what would work best based on the functionality of the new kitchen. We are now thinking again about the splashback. We are currently installing some lighting options....not all of it but most....

I am struggling with what to do with the splashback. I have quite a large amount of space that I need to cover with a splashback. I want red to feature in the splashback, but preferably not making up the entire wall as that would be farr too much red and reminiscent of our old kitchen. I am still trying to work out whether to go with tiles or glass....or a mixture of both....looking through the forums here to find inspiration. Back 10 months ago I found this website and this splashback that I fell in love with!!!

http://www.steverobinsonglass.com/splas ... ed-red-ii/

Of course transport to Australia would be way too expensive and scary lol But I would love to find somewhere in Australia (or even Brisbane) that does this kind of thing. I'm also not sure if this is even a viable option in terms of coping with heat from the ceramic cooktop..

OK off to search for some more inspiration

Lou
Take the photos to a local glazier - it looks as though it is either a special paint finish or something like a slump glass then painted.

I know with our first home 12yrs ago we talked to a glazier who offered designs in the glass. It was done with a sand pattern that the glass was then laid upon prior to hardening. The pattern was only limited by your imagination - you could lay shells, stones, anything that could handle the heat.
Hi
I googled splashbacks Brisbane slumped and looked at the images - is this like it?

http://designerstoneqld.com.au/Glass_Splashbacks.asp

pf
Related
17/04/2024
Choosing easier lot for extension/renovation.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thanks for the reply. Had a look at the suggested lot and found other problem on easement, which i will asked in separate thread.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum