Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Free Standing Splashbacks for double sinks.

Page 1 of 1
I want to put in a free standing splashback for a double sink. Does anyone have ideas for where I might find suppliers of these? Would I go to Reece or kitchen manufacturers. Im guessing manufacturers would have them as part of a whole kithen.......AAAAArrrghhh! We just bought in Brisbane and have all these ideas.......... This is a VERY IMPORTANT one let me tell you!
Help a guy out!
gary
Thanks Sofia,
I am not sure we are talking about the same thing, but its the closet I have come!
C'mon, there must be some info about free standing splashbacks out there? In Queensland? Brisbane?
I have seen glass ones that are placed behind the sink sometimes betwween the sink and a breakfast barbench section.
gary
I've actually been looking for a similar thing as I am about to install a cooktop on an island bench. I want a removable splashback for when I cook sometimes so that small wandering hands from the other side of the bench.

After searching, I couldn't really find what I want, so will be making my own. Not sure which way to go yet. Will either mount some glass on left over granite from my benchtop and just sit this on the bench when i want.

Or put a couple of holes in the granite that I can insert a glass splashback. There are some stainless spring loaded hole covers that come flush with the bench when nothing is in them.
You might try talking to a local designer who can specify and quote this sort of thing for you...a custom retrofit won't be necessarily cheap as, but might get you exactly the result you are after.

Cheers,

Earl
Related
29/05/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

What is the distance between the island and the bench please?

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum