Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Second guessing splashback - Ok, finally in!!!

Page 10 of 14
It would be pretty expensive, that much glass, I reckon.

Now, for the more adventurous, how about:

Pac-man:

Or a more illuminated approach:

Digital glass imaging:

Well thanks a bunch MagicJ!

I still think this one is my favourite but I would not be brave enough to get it. Also my cupboards are white and I think the brown cupboards tone it down a bit. It would be blinding with the white I think. I love the way they have put the other bits of colour around the benches.
I am really liking that Java Dusk, but DH likes the dark red...so do I

Mmmm that one IS very nice - I don't think DH would ever let me do orange, even if I was brave enough, which we all know I am not
!

Now, my three year old daughter would ADORE it - I told her we were getting a green kitchen and she said she likes green but she wishes it was orange. She's just CRAZY about orange at the moment. Already had to talk her out of an orange bedroom
. I told her when she grows up to be a big Mummy like me she can have whatever colour kitchen she wants, so she spent a half hour car drive the other day planning her dream kitchen. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree
!!!
themax

OH MY... I LOVE THAT

My house colours are white (kitchen, floor, walls), chocolate brown (major furniture pieces) and orange (painting, ottoman, pillows, vase with oranges, lamp etc)

For my next kitchen that is so a possibility!!
I am acually guilty of having that kitchen as a screensaver, oh my, I am so so gone...
M!ssy, just curious, do you think that you would be sick of it in 5 years time? That was my worry.
themax
I am acually guilty of having that kitchen as a screensaver, oh my, I am so so gone...

TheMax, if you love it so much, I think you should definitely go for it. You love colour, you love orange, why not?

I was talking to Michelle about that when I had my splashback crisis - she said "Do what you love" and it is so true. I liked all of those blues, but somehow it didn't sit right with me, the whole thing gave me a headache. Then in the middle of the night, I sat up and thought, "Why not go Nick's Nook?" That colour gives me a warm fuzzy feeling every time I see it, why not have it in the room which I spend the most time in? After that it all fell into place so much better!!!

Sounds like that orange kitchen totally floats your boat, so don't be scared to do what you love!! Imagine coming into that kitchen every morning when you first get up - if that thought excites you and makes you happy, I reckon you are on the right track.

Jest my two cents worth - will get off my soapbox now
!!
Ladies, sometimes choosing a colour that is more unsual or daring makes the kitchen more of a wow, rather than the nice neutral you see in every second house. If you are brave enough, i think it will pay off. That orange kitchen looks like it belongs in a designer styled home, beautifully done.

I was one of the many scaredy cats and have gone the safe, neutral path. I'm sure it will look nice but i'm wishing i had of chosen something more special.
It looks as if the splashback is everyone's toughest decision, why is that?! I had my cupboard/benchtop colours set from day 1, but the splashback is giving me grief
I want white... I think... but not sure what type of splashback to get! I want it to have a bit of oomph, even though you can't really do that with white! Are there any white colours out there with a metallic "sparkle" to them?!
MagicJ
Now, my three year old daughter would ADORE it - I told her we were getting a green kitchen and she said she likes green but she wishes it was orange. She's just CRAZY about orange at the moment. Already had to talk her out of an orange bedroom

My 16-yr-old DS's favourite colour is orange. Always has been. I got him an orange and navy striped doona cover for his new room. Looks really smart. Orange bedroom is easy as long as you turn it orange with accessories and bedding, not walls.

Judie

I'm loving this splashback. It was in the display house of Long Island Homes in Point Cook. I had to go back for a second look to make sure I had the right colour card from Dulux. The colour matched Dulux Wiggle exactly. I'm very tempted to use it when we build.
katie81
It looks as if the splashback is everyone's toughest decision, why is that?! I had my cupboard/benchtop colours set from day 1, but the splashback is giving me grief
I want white... I think... but not sure what type of splashback to get! I want it to have a bit of oomph, even though you can't really do that with white! Are there any white colours out there with a metallic "sparkle" to them?!

Katie, you can get any colour with a metalic sparkle. White with a silver fleck would be nice.
Mango
katie81

Katie, you can get any colour with a metalic sparkle. White with a silver fleck would be nice.

Yes yes YES! Where can I find such a colour?
If I order Acryform, they can paint any colour onto the back, as with other acrylic splashbacks I think they only come in specific colours. Please help point me in the direction of a white paint with metallic sparkle if you can!
I'm pretty dense at this stuff.

Love this.....
Yeah Michelle the orange one looks even better in real life!!! Ive been to the display.. its Carlsle Homes's Rothwell in Marriott Waters.
MagicJ

Pac-man:

You know my DH would LOVE that!! Must remember to NOT show him
cazoraz
MagicJ

Pac-man:

You know my DH would LOVE that!! Must remember to NOT show him

Worst part is, from the tea-towel hanging on the oven, it looks like it really is somebody's kitchen, not a way out display home or anything!!!

They must really love arcade games!!!
OMG, I am beside myself now, gee wiz. I have to go and cook dinner to clear my head................
I love that orange, but I also love the Red Bluff (see HellDad's thread) , and the white is nice, but the Java Dusk is so, so, so yummy, I do like the bright colours because I am a colour girl, for sure, but I do like the idea of a monotone restful feel as the kitchen is always so hectic, but I do like a wow factor, but will I get sick of it, I don't know, I am so tired of all of this, for Goodness sake, it's driving me crazy. phew......see what I mean.
It's ok girls, I will settle now
It sad to say it, but you sound very normal to me, theMax - welcome to a severe case of Splashback Stress Syndrome!!!!
I'm suffering from SSS too and my kitchen is only in the design stage!!
I didn't think such a thing existed until I found these forums. All was fine in my world before finding this place!
Related
28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

27/03/2024
Forest adjacent with stonework -Colours for our second dwell

General Discussion

We are building a second dwelling and are currently selecting window and door frames. We want to blend into the forest and also bring out the stone work and the fake wood…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum